[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How choose SMTP servers?

How choose SMTP servers?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How choose SMTP servers?

Postby Dante » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:35 pm

Hi all,
I'm evaluating Pocomail after many year of very happy use of Courier email that I'm leaving only because very often I get mail with weird carachters instead of special ones like accent, euro sign , etc, and I couldn't solve this issue.
Now, let's speak about Pocomail.
Since I often switch among Internet connections, I liked very much the possibility that Courier had to set many SMTP servers and choosing on the fly the one you needed simply right clicking on account name.
If I'm not wrong this feature is lost in Pocomail. You have to edit account inserting the SMTP you need and loosing the one there was before, so you have to mantain a SMTP list elsewhere and copy and paste the one you need everytime you change connection. This is very annoying. Is there any chance to restore this feature in Pocomail?
Thanks in advance
Dante
Dante
New Arrival

Postby luxor » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi.

See if this thread helps you achive what you want. You can use global definitions in Options Default Server.

See the post from Tomas in that thread for the details. I think that this would achieve what you are looking for.
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby Dante » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Yes. Thank you. I found the way to solve the issue in the thread you indicated. :D
Thanks again
Dante
Dante
New Arrival

Postby luxor » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:51 pm

No problem. :D
luxor
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To