[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - HTML in Reply Header?

HTML in Reply Header?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

HTML in Reply Header?

Postby jantha » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:31 am

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere. I couldn't seem to find it using a search.

Is it possible to use HTML in the Reply Header field? For example, I want a Horizontal Rule before the quoted text in a reply. Does anyone know if this is possible?
jantha
New Arrival

Postby robin » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:57 am

You can use a template - check the help file for templates, you can embed a tag which will put the body of the message that you are replying to, and the template can contain HTML.
robin

Postby jantha » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:50 am

that worked great.. thanks!
jantha
New Arrival

Postby Michael » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:01 pm

You can also use the "Format | Add template body" command to insert HTML codes. I don't recall who discovered this trick but it can be very useful to allow addition of HTML coding that Poco does not support from the GUI. Some examples may help:

To insert a horizontal line use:

Code: Select all
%account%:<your account here>
%html%
%body%
<HTML><HEAD>
<BASEFONT FACE="Arial"" COLOR="#000000">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<hr></BODY></HTML>

The following will change to red text in a 2 point font (you have to hit the back arrow after inserting this to get this one to work.

Code: Select all
%account%:<your account here>
%html%
%body%
<HTML><HEAD>
<BASEFONT FACE="Arial"" COLOR="#000000">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#FF0000">.</FONT></BODY></HTML>

There are lots more possiblities.
Michael

Postby Dreamer » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:50 pm

Sorry, Michael, this looks really useful, but I couldn't figure out how to use the code.

What should I do with it? I tried creating a template using it but that just inserted the code "as is".

The Format | Add template body just seems to allow me to add a template to the message and I couldn't spot any arrows as suggested on your second piece of code, so I suspect I'm in the wrong place somewhere!

Thanks for your help,

Lloyd :)
Dreamer
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Dreamer » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:33 am

Hey, I think I've got it! You have to put the code into a text document and save it in the Templates folder...

Thanks again!

Lloyd :)
Dreamer
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To