[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Visual email notifications disappeared...

Visual email notifications disappeared...

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Visual email notifications disappeared...

Postby catharine » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:26 am

Hi. I switched over to Windows 7 a few weeks ago, and one of the things I can't figure out how to get working again is the visual notification that a new email has come in. I can't remember exactly what happened before, but I think that a number popped up or the icon was animated somehow? It's probably just a setting somewhere, but I've gone through everything a few times now and I can't see an option for it....any chance someone knows how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
catharine
New Arrival

Re: Visual email notifications disappeared...

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:53 am

Hi catharine & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
catharine wrote:Hi. I switched over to Windows 7 a few weeks ago, and one of the things I can't figure out how to get working again is the visual notification that a new email has come in. I can't remember exactly what happened before, but I think that a number popped up or the icon was animated somehow? It's probably just a setting somewhere, but I've gone through everything a few times now and I can't see an option for it....any chance someone knows how to fix it?
Did you have a look into Tools > Options > Interface Options.
Uncheck 'Disable Email Console'.

Or have a look into your accounts. Edit your account and go to the Notification tab. Uncheck or check whatever's your preference.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Last edited by Eric on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Re: Visual email notifications disappeared

Postby catharine » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:30 am

Hey Eric -- thanks :-)

I just checked out the settings you suggested, and Disable Email Console was already unchecked and everything seemed right in my account settings, too. But while I was in there, I noticed an option to have my Scroll Lock light up, and it works (and it's kinda fun) -- so I'll keep it! Maybe the notification is just an issue with Windows 7... Anyway, thanks for your help!
catharine
New Arrival

Re: Visual email notifications disappeared

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:56 am

catharine wrote:Hey Eric -- thanks :-)
You're welcome catharine. ;)
I just checked out the settings you suggested, and Disable Email Console was already unchecked and everything seemed right in my account settings, too. But while I was in there, I noticed an option to have my Scroll Lock light up, and it works (and it's kinda fun) -- so I'll keep it!
Glad you found something which works.
Maybe the notification is just an issue with Windows 7... Anyway, thanks for your help!
Could be an issue with Win7, but I'm unable to check it. Still on Vista.

Have a fine weekend. ;)
Eric

Postby KevTech » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:34 pm

Accounts > account name > Edit

Click on Notifications

Make sure Show PocoConsole is selected
KevTech
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To