[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Questions not covered!

Questions not covered!

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Questions not covered!

Postby jblack741 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:32 pm

New to POCO and have a couple of burning questions that I have not been able to resolve either by review of currently posted question or help...

1. I have disable all firewall/AV software and still unable to get new messages that have attachments (xls, docs). Works fine in mozilla thunderbird... Was able to import all mail form thunderbird accounts ok and those that had attachments ported over just fine and I can open them in POCO, but nothing new will come through (only get the headers).

2. Is there anyway to create an alias for an account without having to create a new account? I have referred this program to a client who forwards mail from a private email service to an earthlink account. Filtering the incoming mail is not a problem and seems to work ok, but if he wants to send out an email in the name of this other account, it does not show up on the list of sender accounts.

3. In my testing of POCO I have several hundred (3000+) emails and POCO is trying to download them all and started from the oldest email... I have not been able to find anyway to control this and after two days still have not reached my current email as listed on Gmail.

Thanks for your help

Jerry.
jblack741
New Arrival

Re: Questions not covered!

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:35 am

Hi Jerry & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
jblack741 wrote:1. I have disable all firewall/AV software and still unable to get new messages that have attachments (xls, docs). Works fine in mozilla thunderbird... Was able to import all mail form thunderbird accounts ok and those that had attachments ported over just fine and I can open them in POCO, but nothing new will come through (only get the headers).
:!: Have a look inside your account.
Make sure it isn't set to only download the headers.
Also do you leave mail on server ? What account is it? POP3 or IMAP?
Can't remember having seen the same problem here. :?
2. Is there anyway to create an alias for an account without having to create a new account? I have referred this program to a client who forwards mail from a private email service to an earthlink account. Filtering the incoming mail is not a problem and seems to work ok, but if he wants to send out an email in the name of this other account, it does not show up on the list of sender accounts.
Go to your account and right-click to copy.
Insert your new email addres (alias). When done, uncheck to check for mail.
3. In my testing of POCO I have several hundred (3000+) emails and POCO is trying to download them all and started from the oldest email... I have not been able to find anyway to control this and after two days still have not reached my current email as listed on Gmail.
Unfortunately that's not Poco fault. You'll have to define it in your Gmail account to only download new mail.

Hope it solves some of the problems you're having.
If anything else, don't hesitate to ask. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To