[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Is there a max backup limit? (getting backup failed message)

Is there a max backup limit? (getting backup failed message)

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Is there a max backup limit? (getting backup failed message)

Postby pocodog » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:33 am

Whenever I try to backup my mail I'm getting the message "Backup failed, please check available space".

There is plenty of space on my drive so that's not the issue.

I do have a very large backup file due to some attachments and business correspondence. I think my backup file is like 2 gigs.

Is there an internal limit on how large the backup can be?
pocodog
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Is there a max backup limit? (getting backup failed mess

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:54 am

pocodog wrote:Is there an internal limit on how large the backup can be?
Not that I know of. :D

See also PocoMail Backup.

Did you try to backup to another location, partition?

Hope it will work with those suggestions. ;)
Eric

Postby pocodog » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:20 am

The backup folder is read-only...when I remove the read-only status and apply it windows applies it completely down the folder structure. If I then return to the folder it is read-only again.

I tried backing up in several new locations including a separate partition and an external hard drive.

Every time it fails, and the folder is marked read only. I haven't made any recent changes to my system that would explain this...

Any other ideas?
pocodog
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:31 am

pocodog wrote:The backup folder is read-only...when I remove the read-only status and apply it windows applies it completely down the folder structure. If I then return to the folder it is read-only again.
Weird to say the least. :shock:
However now we know why it fails to backup.
I tried backing up in several new locations including a separate partition and an external hard drive.

Every time it fails, and the folder is marked read only. I haven't made any recent changes to my system that would explain this...
So each time the folder to backup to is marked Read Only?
Any other ideas?
What OS are you using?
Are you an Administrator? If Vista or Win7 run the below tool with administrator rights.
You could try Attribute changer.

:idea: Or maybe there's more going on on your PC.
Run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Next go to one of the dedicated hijackthis forums and read the instructions.
Post your hijackthis log together with MalwareBytes log.

If clean, then we can exclude infection.

For now I don't have any further suggestions, but it's a start. ;)
Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 am

Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To