[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to disable automatic visual resize of attached photos

How to disable automatic visual resize of attached photos

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to disable automatic visual resize of attached photos

Postby rickidoo2 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:34 am

Can someone help me with minor problem that I'd love to fix?

For received email, I would like to disable the feature that displays an attached image, typically a jpg, in shrunken size when the picture exceeds the view width. I realize this may mean a scroll bar.

As it is now, I am constantly fiddling with the size of the viewing area so I can see the image without the distortion that comes from the visual resizing.

Rick
rickidoo2
New Arrival

Postby robin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi Rick, and welcome to the forums.

I am not aware of any way to disable this. The best way is to double click or right-click the photo filename in the attachments list and view it with the Windows picture viewer.

I had to chuckle when I saw your post - it was me that requested this feature when the current version was under development - precisely for the opposite reason - I was frustrated by having to scroll around the pictures that people had sent to me!
robin

Ugg!

Postby rickidoo2 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Robin - that's funny!

The resize feature works very nicely for photos of people, scenery etc. But I deal a lot in screenshots - large images where there are fine lines that don't resize well - even disappearing in places when the resize feature is doing its thing. It works terribly in that scenario.

In the before-times when I used Outlook Express it had a way to disable the same feature in preferences.

I can live with it the way it is, and do use the work around you suggested. It's that I probably use that work around several times every day, each time thinking 'I wish this didn't make me do this!'.

Now, I'll have a name to associate with it:

I wish Robin did not make me do this!

:-)

Rick
rickidoo2
New Arrival

Postby robin » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:01 am

Hi rick, yes I can understand now with the screenshots - I often have the same issue with screen shots embedded in Outlook, particularly when the client has a three-monitor desktop...

ATB
robin

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To