[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Pocomail 2 & 3 Freezing

Pocomail 2 & 3 Freezing

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Pocomail 2 & 3 Freezing

Postby bmorden » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:43 am

I recently upgraded the PC I use at home to a new model Asus Terminator, which involved a new builtin network card (internet via broadband) but the same graphics card as before. XP home.
I also changed antivirus to Panda as an experiment.
Roughly at the same time Pocomail 2 began behaving oddly. It would randomly freeze up, with the menu bar going blank and the loading message indicator in the status bar showing partially yellow and the words "Press ESC to cancel" (IIRC) permanently stuck there.
I would then have to use C/A/DEL to terminate the process, and even then it wasn't always easy to stop it.
Sometimes it would freeze on opening, other times it would go on for 20 odd messages.
I tried installing a new copy from scratch and importing from the moved old copy, and tried installing Pocomail 3. I have also turned hardware acceleration down two notches, but both showed the same behaviour.
I have also tried uninstalling the antivirus, and reverting back three copies of Nvidia drivers to no avail.
I don't really want to stop using Poco, but am running out of ideas.
Any suggestions?
bmorden
New Arrival

Re: Pocomail 2 & 3 Freezing

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:03 am

Hi bmorden & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
bmorden wrote:I don't really want to stop using Poco, but am running out of ideas.Any suggestions?
Take a look here.

I hope it can help you fixing the problem. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To