[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - import address book from Outlook Express

import address book from Outlook Express

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

import address book from Outlook Express

Postby pop » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:06 am

Ok......am I blind? Or just missing it? I need to know how to import my address book from Outlook Express into PocoMail 3.1.0 Build 1880. I have read everything I can find, but just don't see how to do it. Come on...........I can't be the only one who has been using Outlook Express and now wants to use something without all the security flaws. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
pop
New Arrival

Re: import address book from Outlook Express

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:57 am

Hi pop & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
pop wrote:Ok......am I blind? Or just missing it? I need to know how to import my address book from Outlook Express into PocoMail 3.1.0 Build 1880. I have read everything I can find, but just don't see how to do it. Come on...........I can't be the only one who has been using Outlook Express and now wants to use something without all the security flaws. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Take a look here.

For the order of the fields have a look at Pocomail's Unofficial FAQ's.

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

trying to export address book

Postby chtycat » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:21 am

I am also new to this program and am having problems with trying to figure out how to export the outlook express address book to PocoMail.
I even downloaded mailbag assistant to see if it would help.
Am hoping someone can help---please!
Chtycat
chtycat
New Arrival

Re: trying to export address book

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:32 am

Hi chtycat & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
chtycat wrote:I am also new to this program and am having problems with trying to figure out how to export the outlook express address book to PocoMail.
:roll: The above post gives you links how the fields are setup in Poco and even a link to a conversion program. In Outlook Express you can also export your address books as comma delimited (CSV). That's the same format Poco uses. All you have to do is follow the fields order for Poco.

Or you could import your address book(s) in Outlook & using POImport utility to transfer them.

I even downloaded mailbag assistant to see if it would help.
With Mailbag Assistant you can easily convert your messages to EML, so you can drag & drop them into Poco or import. It's also an easy tool for archiving messages and much more. It's not a tool for adress book conversion and it's not free.

I hope this helps. :wink:

edit: adding other option of importing address book(s)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To