[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - CSV Layout

CSV Layout

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

CSV Layout

Postby saraos » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:47 pm

Dear Friends,

We are evaluating your great product. We are developing all procedures needed for a painless migration of our users. Our current platform is Microsoft Outlook 2000. We have a plans to migrate our Office Platform to an Open Source Platform and we are testing new products.

We need information about CSV layout to import Outlook Address Book and Mail data.

Thanks

Sergio Araos
IM Director
saraos
New Arrival

Postby tallcangal » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:56 pm

The best, and easiest way (in my opinion) to import Outlook mail, address book, calendar, and so on is by using Outport (is free as well).

Outport is available here: http://outport.sourceforge.net/

For all to be imported, Evolution worked as an option in Outport which I used to transfer all settings and such easily.

Maybe give it a try.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Re: CSV Layout

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:04 pm

Hi Sergio & welcome to Poco Forum,
saraos wrote:We need information about CSV layout to import Outlook Address Book and Mail data.
For importing mail data from Outlook you can always use the Poco Outlook Import utility.
As for the CSV layout to import the Outlook Address Book I tried to post frazmi's excellent overview from the fields here, but didn't succeed. :?

I hope this helps and maybe frazmi could post this overview again! :wink:
Eric

Postby frazmi » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:26 pm

Here's the data in CSV form. If you would the csv file, send me a PM with contact info and I'll be happy to oblige.

Copy the following to a text file, rename it to have a CSV extension, and open in Excel. This is a 2-way map, that is, it shows how to map from Poco to Outlook and also the map from Outlook to Poco. (Just for convenience -- obviously one can derive either map from the other.)

Code: Select all
Mapping Poco to Outlook,,,,Mapping Outlook to Poco,,
CSV,Poco,,Corresponding,CSV,Outlook Field Name,Corresponding
Column,TAB,Poco Meaning,Outlook Column,Column,in this CSV Column,Poco Column

A,Pers,NickName,--,A,Title,BA
B,Gen,E-mail Display Name,BH,B,First Name,F
C,Gen,E-mail Address,BF,C,Middle Name,G
D,Notes,Notes,BZ,D,Last Name,H
E,Gen,IconFile,--,E,Suffix,BB
F,Gen,First Name,B,F,Company,P
G,Gen,Middle Name,C,G,Department,BC
H,Gen,Last Name,D,H,Job Title,O
I,Bus,E-mail 2 Address,BI,I,Business Street,AL
J,Pers,E-mail 3 Address,BL,J,Business Street 2,AM
K,Bus,CompanyURL,--,K,Business Street 3,--
L,Pers,Web Page,CN,L,Business City,AN
M,Gen,Boolean-VIP,--,M,Business State,AO
N,Gen,Boolean-PrefersStyled,--,N,Business Postal Code,AQ
O,Gen,Job Title,H,O,Business Country,AP
P,Gen,Company,F,P,Home Street,AR
Q,Gen,Telephone,AF,Q,Home Street 2,AS
R,Gen,Fax,AE,R,Home Street 3,--
S,Gen,Mobile,AI,S,Home City,AT
T,Pers,HomeTel,AL,T,Home State,AU
U,,x001,--,U,Home Postal Code,AW
V,,x002,--,V,Home Country,AV
W,Custom,User 1,CJ,W,Other Street,--
X,Custom,Custom1Name,--,X,Other Street 2,--
Y,Custom,User 2,CK,Y,Other Street 3,--
Z,Custom,Custom2Name,--,Z,Other City,--
AA,Custom,User 3,CL,AA,Other State,--
AB,Custom,Custom3Name,--,AB,Other Postal Code,--
AC,Custom,User 4,CM,AC,Other Country,--
AD,Custom,Custom4Name,--,AD,Assistant's Phone,--
AE,Custom,Custom5Content,--,AE,Business Fax,R
AF,Custom,Custom5Name,--,AF,Business Phone,Q
AG,,x003,--,AG,Business Phone 2,--
AH,,x004,--,AH,Callback,--
AI,Gen,Boolean-PrefersPlain,--,AI,Car Phone,S
AJ,,x005,--,AJ,Company Main Phone,--
AK,,x006,--,AK,Home Fax,--
AL,Bus,Business Street,I,AL,Home Phone,T
AM,Bus,Business Street 2,J,AM,Home Phone 2,--
AN,Bus,Business City,L,AN,ISDN,--
AO,Bus,Business State,M,AO,Mobile Phone,AY
AP,Bus,Business Country,O,AP,Other Fax,--
AQ,Bus,Business Postal Code,N,AQ,Other Phone,--
AR,Pers,Home Street,P,AR,Pager,AZ
AS,Pers,Home Street 2,Q,AS,Primary Phone,--
AT,Pers,Home City,S,AT,Radio Phone,--
AU,Pers,Home State,T,AU,TTY/TDD Phone,--
AV,Pers,Home Country,V,AV,Telex,--
AW,Pers,Home Postal Code,U,AW,Account,--
AX,,x007,--,AX,Anniversary,BF
AY,Pers,Mobile Phone,AO,AY,Assistant's Name,--
AZ,Gen,Pager,AR,AZ,Billing Information,--
BA,Gen,Title,A,BA,Birthday,BD
BB,Gen,Suffix,E,BB,Business Address PO Box,--
BC,Bus,Department,G,BC,Categories,--
BD,Pers,Birthday,BA,BD,Children,--
BE,Pers,Spouse,CI,BE,Directory Server,--
BF,Pers,Anniversary,AX,BF,E-mail Address,C
BG,Gen,IM-1,--,BG,E-mail Type,--
BH,Gen,IM-2,--,BH,E-mail Display Name,B
BI,,x008,--,BI,E-mail 2 Address,I
BJ,,x009,--,BJ,E-mail 2 Type,--
BK,Template,NewTemplate Name,--,BK,E-mail 2 Display Name,B
BL,Template,ReplyTemplate Name,--,BL,E-mail 3 Address,J
BM,Template,ForwardTemplate Name,--,BM,E-mail 3 Type,--
BN,Template,BounceTemplate Name,--,BN,E-mail 3 Display Name,B
BO,,x010,--,BO,Gender,--
BP,,x011,--,BP,Government ID Number,--
,,,,BQ,Hobby,--
,,,,BR,Home Address PO Box,--
,,,,BS,Initials,--
,,,,BT,Internet Free Busy,--
,,,,BU,Keywords,--
,,,,BV,Language,--
,,,,BW,Location,--
,,,,BX,Manager's Name,--
,,,,BY,Mileage,--
,,,,BZ,Notes,D
,,,,CA,Office Location,--
,,,,CB,Organizational ID Number,--
,,,,CC,Other Address PO Box,--
,,,,CD,Priority,--
,,,,CE,Private,--
,,,,CF,Profession,--
,,,,CG,Referred By,--
,,,,CH,Sensitivity,--
,,,,CI,Spouse,BE
,,,,CJ,User 1,W
,,,,CK,User 2,Y
,,,,CL,User 3,AA
,,,,CM,User 4,AC
,,,,CN,Web Page,L
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby frazmi » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:32 pm

Here's another useful (IMO) bit of info: Poco CSV export of the Address Book is "raw" -- that is, there's no header line to tell which field is which.

The following line can be inserted (using a text editor) at the beginning of the CSV Address Book file that Poco exports. To use, ignore all the line breaks. This has to be a single very long line, and it must be the first physical line in the CSV file.

This works for me -- I can't guarantee it will work for everyone. But together with the info in the previous post, you should be able to go back and forth between Poco and Outlook address books. That's assuming, of course, that the Outlook Import Utility does not do the job for some reason, forcing you back to manual methods.

Code: Select all
000NickName,E-mail Display Name,E-mail Address,Notes,000IconFile,First Name,Middle Name,Last Name,E-mail 2 Address,E-mail 3 Address,000CompanyURL,Web Page,000Boolean-VIP,000Boolean-PrefersStyled,Job Title,Company,Telephone,Fax,Mobile,HomeTel,x001,x002,User 1,000Custom1Name,User 2,000Custom2Name,User 3,000Custom3Name,User 4,000Custom4Name,000Custom5Content,000Custom5Name,x003,x004,000Boolean-PrefersPlain,x005,x006,Business Street,Business Street 2,Business City,Business State,Business Country,Business Postal Code,Home Street,Home Street 2,Home City,Home State,Home Country,Home Postal Code,x007,Mobile Phone,Pager,Title,Suffix,Department,Birthday,Spouse,Anniversary,000IM-1,000IM-2,x008,x009,000NewTemplate Name,000ReplyTemplate Name,000ForwardTemplate Name,000BounceTemplate Name,x010,x011
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby tallcangal » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:14 pm

Lol. :oops: me bad.

See what happens when you use Barca a lot. Sorry about that. Ignore my previous post because it applies to Barca only.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

CSV Layout

Postby saraos » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:44 am

Thanks to All, I'm going to try all your answers. But, meanwhile, I was trying to import the same file exported from PocoMail and I couldn't. is the import file layout different to exported file layout?

Thanks Again.

Sergio Araos
IM Director
PCI Limited
saraos
New Arrival

Postby Alpha » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:26 am

saraos wrote: I was trying to import the same file exported from PocoMail and I couldn't. is the import file layout different to exported file layout?

The above is not clear. Getting data from Outlook can be tricky, but the 'small pain' options may be either of these two:

1. Use Poco System's Outlook import Utility as tallcangal suggested (read the help file first), or
2. Import your data from Outlook into Outlook Express, then open PocoMail and import directly from Outlook Express into PocoMail.
Alpha

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:40 am

Hi Alpha,
Alpha wrote:1. Use Poco System's Outlook import Utility as tallcangal suggested (read the help file first
:roll: tallcangal suggested Outport, but I suggested the import utility.
Not so confusing anymore. :lol:
Eric

Postby Sandy » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:34 am

BTW, I tried to use Outport to move data from Outlook to Barca, and it did a relatively nice job especially since it is the ONLY thing I've found that can get calendar and task data out of OL.

However, a word of warning. I finally had to give up getting all data from OL to Barca since Outport could not handle certain more complex situations (like some recurring appts). This data simply never made it into the output file Outport created. Also, I found that Barca consistently hung when trying to import a sufficiently large file of Outport output data. Not Barca's fault I imagine, but more likely because of wierd data in the Outport output file. AFAIK, there just isn't a reliable way to get data out of Outlook except to other Microsoft products -- pretty typical Microsoft I'd say.
Sandy

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To