[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Importing from Mozilla

Importing from Mozilla

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Importing from Mozilla

Postby Trevor » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:01 am

Hi
Sorry if this is a daft question, but I could find no reference to it in the forum. Could someone please tell me how to import stored mail from Mozilla 1.7 to PocoMail? The wizard does not recognise it.

Thanks

Trevor :?
Trevor
New Arrival

Re: Importing from Mozilla

Postby Kaigan » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:23 pm

Trevor wrote:Hi
Sorry if this is a daft question, but I could find no reference to it in the forum. Could someone please tell me how to import stored mail from Mozilla 1.7 to PocoMail? The wizard does not recognise it.

You can copy the mailbox in windows explorer over to the PocoMail mail directory and give it a .mbx extension. When you start PocoMail you will see your mailbox, open it and compress it.
To import it, use the Unix mailbox under importing a single mailbox.

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Trevor » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:22 pm

Hi

Thanks for that. I imported them as Netscape files. Now all but with some duplication. I now have an added problem

Most of my Netscape mail was in sub-folders of the mailbox. In importing them Poco has produced a mailbox and a folder with the same name except that the folder has the extension ".sbd" (which is the Netscape extension.)

The problem is that when I delete one of the surplus mailboxes I receive the error message "Access Violation at address 009550F in module "Poco.exe". Write of address 00000264". After that the boxes will open, but do not show any of the mail contained. If I close and then restart the program I can delete one more, when the same thing happens again.

Odd! Any help please?

Ciao

Trevor :? :?
Trevor
New Arrival

Postby Kaigan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:21 pm

Trevor wrote:The problem is that when I delete one of the surplus mailboxes I receive the error message "Access Violation at address 009550F in module "Poco.exe". Write of address 00000264". After that the boxes will open, but do not show any of the mail contained. If I close and then restart the program I can delete one more, when the same thing happens again.

If there is no mail in the extra folders, then I would go into explorer and the Pocomail mail subdirectory and delete one and restart Pocomail. If everything is ok, then delete the others the same way. To see your mail in the other mailboxes, try compressing them.

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To