[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Sad day :( Moving to Outlook....

Sad day :( Moving to Outlook....

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Sad day :( Moving to Outlook....

Postby soniajane » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Well, after many years of championing Poco, I'm now at a point where I'm looking to move on. I feel really sad about that but the level of disruption caused by various long-standing niggles has just got too much. Things like poor HTML handling, inconsistent Outlook meeting request processing and problems with my POP3 mailbox downloading over and over are just taking me too much time to resolve. I love Poco, its look and feel but it's just not working for me and I need to wake up to that.

So, how do I move 10+ years of emails from Poco into, say, Outlook? I see that I can export to Eudora but that's about it? Any ideas? I appreciate that Poco doesn't really want to make it super-easy for people to get out, but as a long-standing customer I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks.
soniajane
Poco Tourist

Re: Sad day :( Moving to Outlook....

Postby Eric » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:16 am

Hi Sonia
soniajane wrote:Well, after many years of championing Poco, I'm now at a point where I'm looking to move on. I feel really sad about that but the level of disruption caused by various long-standing niggles has just got too much. Things like poor HTML handling, inconsistent Outlook meeting request processing and problems with my POP3 mailbox downloading over and over are just taking me too much time to resolve. I love Poco, its look and feel but it's just not working for me and I need to wake up to that.
Sorry to hear, but it's your choice after all.
Good luck with it.
So, how do I move 10+ years of emails from Poco into, say, Outlook? I see that I can export to Eudora but that's about it? Any ideas? I appreciate that Poco doesn't really want to make it super-easy for people to get out, but as a long-standing customer I'd really appreciate some help.
Since you can export your mail to Eudora, you still need to do another step.
Next is to import into Outlook Express. From there on you can import all mails into Outlook. :D

Take care. ;)
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To