[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - compression made all messages unread [Resolved]

compression made all messages unread [Resolved]

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

compression made all messages unread [Resolved]

Postby atownsend » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi,
as subject really, I had some issues with mailbox sorting so I compressed all folders, and it made all the messages unread, and removed all my marking and made many hundreds of deleted emails return to the mailbox (!!), also I have about 10 messages that refuse to comply with the sort order / direction.

I'm using pocomail 4.8.0.4400, Win XP Proff, the mail box folders / files are stored on a small network drive (NAS), but I have full access permissions etc.

Any ideas why this happened and how to fix the sorting issue?

Thanks alot,
Andrew
atownsend
Drop-in Visitor

Re: compression made all messages unread

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:27 am

Hi Andrew,
atownsend wrote: as subject really, I had some issues with mailbox sorting so I compressed all folders, and it made all the messages unread, and removed all my marking and made many hundreds of deleted emails return to the mailbox (!!), also I have about 10 messages that refuse to comply with the sort order / direction.
It seems your index files got corrupted. :?
Could you close Poco and remove all *.idb files (index files)?
Restart Poco afterwards.

As for those hundreds deleted emails it seems they didn't get deleted when compressing those folders.
As such they all returned when new indexes were made.

Let me know how it goes. ;)
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby atownsend » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:58 am

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I just tried this (only my In .idb) and nearly the same thing happened, (on poco start up in the splash screen it said "Compressing In folder") so I waited, then poco starts, this time only maybe 20 messages become Unread (total messages = 418) and 5 deleted ones return (but I have not compressed since I deleted these.)

So again I delete the not wanted emails, make all Read, and compress, restart poco and all is OK this time.

Just for a final test, I deleted the idb again, started poco and it seems it is OK now.

Could you tell me where it stores the sort direction, and other sort criteria?
Thanks,
Andrew
atownsend
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:08 am

atownsend wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.
You're welcome Andrew. ;)
I just tried this (only my In .idb) and nearly the same thing happened, (on poco start up in the splash screen it said "Compressing In folder") so I waited, then poco starts, this time only maybe 20 messages become Unread (total messages = 418) and 5 deleted ones return (but I have not compressed since I deleted these.)

So again I delete the not wanted emails, make all Read, and compress, restart poco and all is OK this time.

Just for a final test, I deleted the idb again, started poco and it seems it is OK now.
Glad it got fixed. Not sure how it happened though.
Could you tell me where it stores the sort direction, and other sort criteria?
That should be the poco.ini file, I guess.
Maybe it got corrupted, so perhaps it could happen again.
If it does, do the following:
1. Close Poco first.
2. Rename Poco.ini to Poco_old.ini
3. Restart Poco now
Prior to renaming that file, it would be best to take screenshots of your Options or noting them down.

Good luck with it. ;)
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To