[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - IMAP use questions

IMAP use questions

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

IMAP use questions

Postby dwinokur » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:59 am

I am an experienced IMAP user, but new to PocoMail. I have successfully setup PocoMail to use 2 different IMAP accounts that I have.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to view IMAP messages in Accounts Online with a preview pane?

2. When PocoMail lists messages in the message index in Accounts Online, all messages are initially in bold as though they were unread, when in fact many are already marked as read on the server. Is there a way to make PocoMail correctly show read/unread status?

3. Everytime I open a new IMAP folder the column widths default to some very narrow settings. Is there a way to set column widths globally so that I don't have to resize them for each and every folder?

4. The status bar at the bottom is nearly always showing a progress bar w/a percentage of something complete. What is it indicating?

5. The Sync Index, Get, Leave and Del buttons frequently gray out, presumably while PocoMail is online with the server. However, these checks are frequent and take a surprisingly long time (20-30 seconds or more). Is there some way that PocoMail can more quickly determine changes to the header index?

6. Message size is not included in the header index until the complete message is downloaded. Is there a way to see message size in advance?

7. Sometimes when I double-click a message to view it, the message window opens with blank white and there is no indication that the message is downloading. I am then unable to view the message unless I close the window, try again, and get lucky. What causes this and how do I fix?

That's it for now. Help is much appreciated.

Thx,
Danny
dwinokur
New Arrival

Postby tribble » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:39 am

I can confirm #5 and #7. I wish I had a good answer but I too have been unable to figure out the magic sequence...
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To