[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Editing New messages

Editing New messages

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Editing New messages

Postby stevemul » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:10 pm

I am looking at Pocomail as a replacement for The Bat. It looks like a good product with active development and a reasonable help file.

Are any of the following available in the message editor :-

1. Convert the word under cursor to Uppercase / Lowercase ?

2. Capitalize first letter of the word under cursor and convert all remaining letters to lower-case ?

Are these features available in Pocomail :-

3. Virtual Folders/Mailboxes, for example how can I see all msgs less than 3 days old in all or selected folders ? The Selective Index feature looks good but it seems to work on only one mailbox at a time. This seems a bit limited to me.

4. Select Folders/Mailboxes for Msg Search. I can only find ONE or ALL folder(s).

Thanks,
Regards,

Steve, Hobart, Tasmania.
stevemul
New Arrival

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:26 pm

Steve:

The answer to all the questions is no. I have asked for the capability to run scripts against the compose window. If this were implemented then 1 & 2 could be done very simply via a script. For #3, have you tried the "Show only" bar? Item 4 is also something I've asked for, including the ability to save search criteria for future use.
Michael

Thanks for your reply

Postby stevemul » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:20 am

Many thanks for answering my questions.

Pity the answers are all 'no'. After using The Bat for many years I thought it was time to review other options. The Bat is having some troubles witha less-than-exciting new release. Pocomail initially looked good to me ...... and it probably is good.

However, the lack of Upper/Lower case changing in the Message Editor is a breaker for me. It is such a aid to productivity.

I am also surprised at the lack of Virtual Folders or some similar feature.

Pocomail's msg threading also seems limited compared with The Bat where threading can also be by the 'From' and 'To' fields. A very powerful feature.

I seem to be persuading myself to remain with The Bat. If anyone here wants to persuade me otherwise I'm happy to hear what you have to say. Thanks for listening.

Good luck and best regards,
Regards,

Steve, Hobart, Tasmania.
stevemul
New Arrival

Re: Thanks for your reply

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:16 pm

Hi Steve & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
stevemul wrote:The Bat is having some troubles witha less-than-exciting new release. Pocomail initially looked good to me ...... and it probably is good.
I know and that's why I didn't upgrade to version 3.0. :cry:
However, the lack of Upper/Lower case changing in the Message Editor is a breaker for me. It is such a aid to productivity.
Can't help you there, but it could be implemented. Who knows what PSI will have in store with a new version. Only they can tell. :roll:
I am also surprised at the lack of Virtual Folders or some similar feature.
True, that's one hell of a powerful feature. In Poco you've the QuickGuide, although limited to 5, but it's not the same as in TB.
Pocomail's msg threading also seems limited compared with The Bat where threading can also be by the 'From' and 'To' fields. A very powerful feature.
Nice feature. Could be included in a new version if PSI decides to add it. Same as the above features.
I seem to be persuading myself to remain with The Bat. If anyone here wants to persuade me otherwise I'm happy to hear what you have to say. Thanks for listening.
Not trying to persuade you :lol: , but Poco/Barca is improving with every new build. Requested enhancements added to Bug Traction could be implemented in a new version. It's simply a matter of time before your features could be integrated. All depends on PSI priorities.

Good luck. :wink:
Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:34 pm

I already added two enhancement requests to Bug Traction.
Bug 1140 - Virtual folders
and
Bug 1141 - Threading on From and To fields

If you want to add your other request about upper/lower case, you may do so, but perform a search before entering a bug/enhancement. Also choose Pocomail from the dropdown list. :wink:
Eric

Re: Thanks for your reply

Postby robin » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:11 pm

Eric wrote:
Not trying to persuade you :lol: , but Poco/Barca is improving with every new build. Requested enhancements added to Bug Traction could be implemented in a new version. It's simply a matter of time before your features could be integrated. All depends on PSI priorities.

Good luck. :wink:
But keep checking back - updates to PocoMail come every few months and - who knows - maybe one of your enhancements will appear and make PM the "must have"!
robin

Postby Michael » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:04 pm

As I said earlier, points 1 & 2 would be very easy to implement if the message composition window were script enabled (hint, hint, hint). ;)
Michael

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To