[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Custom Columns question and tech support delay issue

Custom Columns question and tech support delay issue

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Custom Columns question and tech support delay issue

Postby dribnus » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:26 pm

What are the commands, or where can they be found to setup the "custom columns" The help file mentions one, %who%, and it works, but I want to use one of these columns for 'Server Order'. That way, maybe when Poco crashes, and it re-downloads the 100 messages from that day on the server, I can easily delete the repeated downloads.
I have tried to be very patient with support, but I submitted a tech support email a while back, and received a reply within a day, but had additional questions. I have sent a reply 3 times within the past 12 days, and still no response. For the most part, the responses here (in the forum) are good, but I still have about 3 or 4 unanswered questions floating around in the forums. For those that have helped or tried to, I thank you.
I'm sorry if resending the support email is what may have created the delay. That would be my fault if it did.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:47 pm

I believe "%who%" is the only calculated custom column value you can use, all others must be headers from the message. You can use PocoScript to add custom headers. This would typically be done by running the script against an incoming message. For your stated purpose, however, I'd recommend checking out the "Tag Duplicates" command under the "Message" menu. Combined with the "Show tagged" option of the show only bar you should be able to quickly issolate duplicate messages.
Michael

Postby dribnus » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:00 pm

Thank You. I'll try that next time. Does anyone else have random crashing problems?
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Sandy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:58 pm

I have tried to be very patient with support, but I submitted a tech support email a while back, and received a reply within a day, but had additional questions.

Perhaps, but if I remember right, you have also been consistently rahter vocal about your complaints concerning PSI support too. Some folks expect a great deal for their $40. I wonder who's being the most reasonable?
Sandy

Postby speerga » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:18 pm

Sandy wrote:Perhaps, but if I remember right, you have also been consistently rahter vocal about your complaints concerning PSI support too. Some folks expect a great deal for their $40. I wonder who's being the most reasonable?

Are you serious? I'm not the person you've quoted, but I and many others from time to time have posted here and on the old forums about the same issue: It's very difficult to get prompt, consistant email support.

Now whether I pay $40 or $400 for a product, I think it's reasonable to expect email support if email support in part of the package. And if you look at the "Support" links on the Pocosystems home page, they say something about the preferred method of submiting questions/problems or whatever is through the support link within Pocomail.

I've had occasion to use that link two or three times since version 2.6 -- and only once have I gotten any response. So it really does seem to be an issue.

Gary Speer
speerga
Resident Poster

Postby dribnus » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:48 pm

I really don't want to complain, and I don't unless it's justified. I am a very tolorable and understanding person. I'm not complaining to the extent that I have seen others do in the past, but only voiceing my concern on the subject. I have read your post too (Sandy), and I have seem some very constructive ones, but honestly, I have also seen some that were a little too opinionated instead of facutal to the topic at hand.
Just to make myself clear, I am very aware of the small staff involved here, and that there have been a couple of updates in the past 10 days that I'm sure took a lot of time. I'm sure it's ok that I'm a little frustrated with some of the performance of the product, especially if I convey it with a little tact and keep it respectful. Also, I'm sorry, but your commit about consistanly complaining.....I take offense too, and if it's a problem with Slaven or offending him, then I will respectfully send concerns to him directly. Here is a copy of my post from the last thread you were referring too.
dribnus wrote:I will agree with Jim. I happened to just see the subject line, then remembered that I had not heard back from tech support concerning my questions. So, I joined the thread, but didn't not want to imply any negatives to the point in which they were expressed within the thread. Even though the amount of time for response may be longer than I expect, that doesn't make it 'bad service'.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Jim » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:13 am

When someone is having problem with Support, what I will find really useful are comments like the following:

My name is Jane (John) Doe, my email is jane-john-doe@here-i-am.com...I sent an email to Support on MM/DD/YYYY...I sent another email to Support on MM/DD/YYYY...As of MM/DD/YYY I have received X response (s). I am upset because....

With the above information, I can actually diagnose if, where, and why our Support staff not meeting the standard of our customers.
Jim

Postby dribnus » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:01 am

Thanx Jim, I'm not sure if you want it here, or emailed dirctly to you, so I'm just going to post the info below. If you would like me to delete this info, I will.
Thank You.

Initial email sent: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:11:00 -0400
Follow up received: Sat, 18 Sep 2004
I sent a reply to this email multiple times on the following dates/times, and still no response.
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:13:28 -0400
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:28:45 -0400
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:53:36 -0400
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:14:23 -0400
Sent a debug file today Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:21:03 -0400
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Jim » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:53 am

dribnus wrote:Thanx Jim, I'm not sure if you want it here, or emailed dirctly to you, so I'm just going to post the info below. If you would like me to delete this info, I will.
Thank You.

Initial email sent: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:11:00 -0400
Follow up received: Sat, 18 Sep 2004
I sent a reply to this email multiple times on the following dates/times, and still no response.
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:13:28 -0400
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:28:45 -0400
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:53:36 -0400
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:14:23 -0400
Sent a debug file today Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:21:03 -0400

Actually, I wanted an email, but this is fine. Now if you will be kind enough to provide your name and email address (used to send the aforementioned messages) so we can track what happened. Otherwise, we will not be able to do anything with the information in your last post.
Jim

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To