[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - What's the HTML Viewer

What's the HTML Viewer

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

What's the HTML Viewer

Postby willyb » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:47 pm

What is the foundation of the HTML Viewer? How is it implementing HTML emails?

I have a client that uses PocoMail. States that other html emails arrive fine.

But...

I have sent her email that displays perfectly fine in Outlook, outlook express, and on web based email over displayed on Opera and she gets a text version.

Worse, embedded links are converted to a format wherein the URL is enclosed in curly braces, and the trailing curly brace is appended to the URL, thus breaking the URL.

Does the built in HTML viewer recognize CSS, or do I need to go back to coding with font tags and all that baloney?

I have perused all on-line documentation and FAQ's
WBF
willyb
New Arrival

Postby robin » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:07 pm

The built-in HTML viewer is home-crafted by PSI. This has some advantages: primarily that it is free from the vulnerabilities of the MS version. However it is not as tolerant of bad HTML as some other browsers - but where problems are identified then PSI will look at it and implement a fix as soon as they can.

Yes it does cope with CSS.

You don't say what version of PM she is using (not what you are sending from); the latest version has improvements to the HTML renderer: try installing 3.2 and see if that helps.

Lastly. it is always helpful if you can post the raw source of the e-mail so that PSI can see where the problem might lie - then they can get a handle on fixing it. Make sure you disguise any personal infomation in the raw source that you post.

Oh yes - if it really is a problem, then there is a script that ships with PocoMail which enables the message to be viewed in a browser (IE or Firefox or any other that you care to use) which I use from time to time.
robin

Postby Pete » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:09 am

Also willyb, verify that she has not accidentally enabled the Sanitize button or the Strip-HTML button at the top of the preview pane.
Pete

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To