[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - SPAM and loading pictures from the Internet

SPAM and loading pictures from the Internet

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

SPAM and loading pictures from the Internet

Postby Zeep » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:03 am

Hi.

When i (accidentally) view a spam-mail, PocoMail is loading included images from the internet (and, more worse, confirming that my address is valid and working).

How can i disable displaying HTML-Content and/or loading images?

TIA!

Z.
Zeep
Drop-in Visitor

Postby tallcangal » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:15 am

You can do so by toggling the download remote images button, sanitiize message button, and toggle strip HTML button. When they are on, it will be on a dark background.

These buttons are found on the second toolbar of the message if you're viewing the message in full...if you're using the preview pane, it's on the top bar of the message (top right corner).
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby bern » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:20 am

Currently I have several incoming filters.
My first filter sees if message is from someone in my addressbook, whereupon I stop processing it, which means the other filters don't act on the message and it ends up in my IN box( I do other things like set priority to high and mark it with a color, but that's not needed).

The second filter checks to see if the message is NOT from someone on my exception list whereupon I perform "sanitize HTML formatiing" on the message. The message goes into my in box (provided junk mil filtering allows it) but the images are not loaded.

My last filter is junk mail.

In effect, only messages from my exception list or address book will automatically load images.
bern

Re: SPAM and loading pictures from the Internet

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:27 am

Hi Zeep & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
Zeep wrote:How can i disable displaying HTML-Content and/or loading images?
:!: You can also use an Event OnDisplay to automatically sanitize or strip HTML for the INBox, Junk & Trash or the mailbox(es) you choose.
That helps if you accidently forget toggling the buttons back to secure view. :)
Eric

Postby Zeep » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:20 am

Hi!

Thats nice. These buttons have been overlooked by me ;) I thought those options were hided somewhere in the Options/Settings-Menu.

Thanks.

Z.
Zeep
Drop-in Visitor

Postby RossA » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:14 am

Hi,

New to Pocomail, have been using Thunderbird. Very impressive so far - seems to offer a lot of the features that I want from Thunderbird. And if I can get this to work will have one of the best features of thunderbird!

Eric - Is it possible you could explain how to use the Event OnDisplay to sanitize or strip the HTML in the Junk and Trash mailboxes for me please?

What is the difference between sanitize and strip the HTML?

Thanks
--

Browse faster, more safely and efficiently than with any other browser: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
RossA
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:39 am

Hi RossA & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
RossA wrote:Eric - Is it possible you could explain how to use the Event OnDisplay to sanitize or strip the HTML in the Junk and Trash mailboxes for me please?
I like to post the picture, so here it is.

Create the other Events OnDisplay for the other mailboxes.

What is the difference between sanitize and strip the HTML?
This is what the Contents in Poco says:
Sanitize HTML:Sanitize HTML can be considered as another layer in protecting your privacy. You can enable this feature directly from the Preview pane toolbar, inside Security Control group of buttons. When enabled, any message viewed in that pane will have its HTML tags sanitized to provide for safer viewing. In this mode you will not be able to see any images and other elements that can be referenced from a remote location. The message text formatting will be preserved. Sanitizing HTML inside the viewer will not change the stored email message, just the viewed copy.

Strip HTML: For the ultimate in protection you can completely remove HTML formatting from a message. In other words it's plain text, so harmless. :)

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby RossA » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:48 am

Thankyou so much. It works!
--

Browse faster, more safely and efficiently than with any other browser: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
RossA
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:53 am

RossA wrote:Thankyou so much. It works!
My pleasure. :wink:
Of course it works. :lol:
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To