[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - not more than 50 ????

not more than 50 ????

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

not more than 50 ????

Postby ankupan » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:44 pm

hi,
I typed more than 50 address in "To" , it shows that it can be error.
How may I increase this limit ?
ankupan
Resident Poster

CC and BCC

Postby olaf_noehring » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:00 am

Hi

try to fill the other addresses in the CC and BCC lines.
By the way: I personally HATE it when people put so many addresses in the TO / CC fields because I do not want people I have never ever heard of to have my email address

Olaf
--
emailaddress on my website
http://www.team-noehring.de
olaf_noehring
Drop-in Visitor

Postby ankupan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:06 am

Ya,
I tried in BCC and CC too.
But problem was same :cry:
ankupan
Resident Poster

Postby COD » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:11 am

A lot of ISP's blcok emails with more than 50 recepients to try and reduce spam. Send multilpe emails instead. Poco really isn't the right tool to be blast emailing large quantities of people. You need a list management tool for that.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby Michael » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:47 am

Poco does have a split message on send/queue (under the message menu on the compose toolbar). This can be used to split messages with large numbers of recipients into smaller groups.

Note: I have not verified the 50 limit as a bug, if it is there it definitely needs to be addressed. ankupan, how does this bug manifest itself? Do you see an error message or does something else happen?
Michael

Postby ankupan » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:26 am

No, It is just asking about spilt, is there any option to increase this liit ?
what will happen after click on that mention option ?

Michael wrote:Poco does have a split message on send/queue (under the message menu on the compose toolbar). This can be used to split messages with large numbers of recipients into smaller groups.

Note: I have not verified the 50 limit as a bug, if it is there it definitely needs to be addressed. ankupan, how does this bug manifest itself? Do you see an error message or does something else happen?
ankupan
Resident Poster

Postby Michael » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:49 am

ankupan wrote:No, It is just asking about spilt, is there any option to increase this liit ?

Yes, see "Tools | Options | Sending Mail"

ankupan wrote:what will happen after click on that mention option ?

The message will be split according to the criteria you specified. For example if you have 103 recipients for the message and you specify a split of 25 then 5 messages will be generated. Addresses 1-25 will be in the first message, 26-50 in the 2nd, 51-75 in the 3rd, 76-100 in the 4th and 101-103 in the 5th.
Michael

Thanx

Postby ankupan » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:15 pm

thanx for support :D
ankupan
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To