[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Access Violations

Access Violations

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Access Violations

Postby rabmail » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:24 am

Has anybody had any/many AV's with PM 3.2.0.2000. During the Beta I did not see many and when I did PM handled them well.

Since the release I am seeing AV's more often than I did before. It does not seem to be any particular task when they pop up and sometimes they will not go away forcing me to kill PM. Since this can lead to loss of messages I dont want to continue in this way.

Anyone got any similar experiences.

rabmail
rabmail

Postby dribnus » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:37 am

I have posted some similiar issues and forwarded a 'debug' file to support. I guess they are working on it. I haven't heard anything yet though.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

AVs getting more frequent.

Postby rrx3 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:46 pm

I have used PM 3.2 for about a week now, and I have started to see more of these violations as the days go on. I can't even finger any software or hardware changes. I am, however, running a new version of Panda Antivirus (I have a 3 year licence so I'm NOT changing THAT). I have the spam option disabled in PAV.

I don't know - I mean The BAt started doing this, and as much as I loathe Outlook, at least it didn't cock up like this. I wonder if there is any movement at the Bugtrack. :cry:
rrx3
Poco Tourist

Postby speerga » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:25 am

I just got a very bad access violation started. I tried repeatedly to close it, but everytime I would get it closed then move my cursor toward shutting down Pocomail -- or move my cursor ANYWHERE within Pocomail -- the AV warning would keep popping up.

I finally had to use the Windows XP task manager to shut Pocomail down.

I noted that this happend and has only been happening for me when I'm working with the "Junk Mail" filter and filter options. This particular time, it was while I was designating "Junk Mail" "allowed/banned" addresses using the right-click menu.

I'm running 3.2 build 2000. And it does seem to happen more with 3.2 build 2000 than it did with the 3.1 release or any of the 3.2 betas.

But most especially, I get AVs when I'm working with anything related to Junk Mail filtering.

*sigh* I REALLY wish I could get back to using Pocomail's junk mail filters and get away from having to run K9 or Spamihilator. But every time I go back to Poco's built-in Junk Mail filtering, I run into snafus??

Gary Speer
speerga
Resident Poster

Postby Pete » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:11 am

I also occasionally receive AVs when using "Tools > Junkmail Filtering". Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a reproducible example. This problem existed for me with v3.1 also. Fortunately, it's not necessary to use this dialog very often (at least it's not necessary for me).
Pete

Postby Michael » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:41 pm

I've got one situation I can repeat at will. It happens when I start Poco with the Junk Mail mailbox non-empty and as the mailbox that opens when I start Poco. It's a very complex situation though as I run a couple of OnTimer scripts that both execute and my experimentation seems to point to the fact that both have to execute in order for this situation to arise. I could send this to Slaven but it's so unique a circumstance that I have held off doing so.
Michael

Ah HA!

Postby rrx3 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:40 pm

I have had 3 this morning:
AV at 08810DB in module poco.exe. write of address 02CD4E9C
and
blah...... write of address 026BC6C4
and
blah.... write of address 033990CC

I can confirm the violations occurred during the sequence 'Tools/ Junk mail filtering.. It occurs before choosing any options on the next window.
I can click OK (so far) and continue with the task (the AV doesn't repeat?)

Surely, the brilliant people at PM have enough to check and repair?..
rrx3
Poco Tourist

Access Violation's

Postby rabmail » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:44 am

speerga wrote:I just got a very bad access violation started. I tried repeatedly to close it, but everytime I would get it closed then move my cursor toward shutting down Pocomail -- or move my cursor ANYWHERE within Pocomail -- the AV warning would keep popping up.

I finally had to use the Windows XP task manager to shut Pocomail down.

This is the same problem I had, PM would not shut down. So far I can't reproduce the problem, and it does not seem to be anything to do with my Junk Mail filtering (which by the way is now working well.)

One day later - I have been using PM all day doing all my normal tasks, including going in and out of Junk Mail and have not experienced any problems whatsoever.

From past problems, I have found that when you have to use the Windows XP task manager to shut Pocomail down, there is a good chance some message will be lost. On one occassion in 3.1, I lost three weeks mail out of my most imortant account.

For now I have gone back to Outlook Express (which I have always kept running) as my main Mail client. I much prefer working in PM but dont want to risk message loss.

This bad AV problem seems to have arrived with Build 2000. I was not having many AV problems prior to that in any of the Beta's.

Am sure Slaven will soon produce a fix for this.

rabmail
Last edited by rabmail on Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabmail

Postby rabmail » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:20 pm

speerga wrote:*sigh* I REALLY wish I could get back to using Pocomail's junk mail filters and get away from having to run K9 or Spamihilator. But every time I go back to Poco's built-in Junk Mail filtering, I run into snafus??

I now have Pocomail's junk mail filters running at 98%+ most of the time. I feel this is reasonable given the variations spammers can come up with.

rabmail
rabmail

Access Violations

Postby rabmail » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:17 am

Further to my earlier post on this subject, the PM 3.2.0.2000 I was running was one that had been installed over the several Beta's I had been running.

A few days ago I installed PM 3.2.0.2000 again into a new directory and then imported the setting and messages from the previous installation.

So far everything is running well.

rabmail
rabmail

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To