[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Unable to synchronize

Unable to synchronize

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Unable to synchronize

Postby David Barber » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:42 am

I've emailed support about this, but have received no reply from them. Guess I should try here too, even though the question/answer ratio is depressingly high.

I am not able to synchronize between PocoMail and PocoMailPE.  In attempting to synchronize, I am encountering the following problems:

1) After running synchronize when there is one new message in PE that does not exist in PM, a message with the Subject and From appears in PM, but the message body is empty and the Sent time is blank.

2) When I then compress the mailbox in PE, the mailbox now has a duplicate for each original message.

3) I have also seen duplicates appear in PM following synchronization attempts
David Barber
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Alpha » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:13 am

David,

Make sure PocoMail is not running during synchronization. If you have downloaded the same message in PocoMail and also in PocoMail PE, then you will have duplicates. Are you checking the box to synchronize both Accounts and the mailboxes? Are the mailbox names identical in PocoMail and PocoMail PE?

You should consider starting from scratch. Wipe out PocoMail PE, compress PocoMail, backup PocoMail, then restore it into PocoMail PE. Compress your mailboxes, then see what happens.
Alpha

Postby David Barber » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:48 am

Alpha,

I followed the synch instructions in the help file to the letter, and therefore made sure that PM was not running. Also, as I stated in my original post, the message had been downloaded only to PE, and did not exist in PM prior to the synch attempt. I had already gone through and cleaned up all the duplicates from previous synch attempts in PM (a major pain, since I have dozens of folders), and followed that with a compress on all folders. I also had already deleted all messages in PE, then did a sync with PM for only the In-box folder. So far so good - the Inbox of PE then matched that in PM. Next, I received a message into PE. Then, I did another sync which should have resulted in the new message being transferred to PM. I did not check the box to synchronize Accounts.
David Barber
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To