[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to Migrate Attachments from Eudora to PocoPE

How to Migrate Attachments from Eudora to PocoPE

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to Migrate Attachments from Eudora to PocoPE

Postby awm » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:06 am

Hi,

Another question: How can I get the attachments for emails into the PocoPE? I want the attachments to be portable too, not just the emails that I migrated from Eudora.

Thanks in advance for any info and ideas!!!
awm
Drop-in Visitor

Re: How to Migrate Attachments from Eudora to PocoPE

Postby awm » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:47 pm

awm wrote:Another question: How can I get the attachments for emails into the PocoPE? I want the attachments to be portable too, not just the emails that I migrated from Eudora.

Thanks in advance for any info and ideas!!!

Anyone has any wisdom on this? This topic is becoming quickly a sore subject here <g>...

Thanks in advance

A
awm
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:30 pm

Unfortunately if you don't see an answer it is likely that no-one who posts in the forums can help you. Sorry, but don't get ratty with us.

Now I don't use Eudora, but a couple of questions: how does Eudora store attachments? Why not just drag them across to the PE attachments folder?
robin

Postby awm » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:18 am

robin wrote:Unfortunately if you don't see an answer it is likely that no-one who posts in the forums can help you. Sorry, but don't get ratty with us.

No, no, no problem. I am VERY GRATEFUL for what I got so far. I just reposted in an attempt to stir the sleepers, in case they are there <g>...

robin wrote:Now I don't use Eudora, but a couple of questions: how does Eudora store attachments? Why not just drag them across to the PE attachments folder?

Eudora stores them very similar to PocoMailPE - in a separate folder. The emails have a reference to the file.

I think that just dragging them across will not change the reference itself i.e. the attachment will not be found. It looks like there needs to be a more "institutional" solution from the PocoPE side alongthe lines of importing the message files and address book.

Thanks in advance!

A.
awm
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:41 am

How many messages?

See the last post in this thread for adding attachments manually to a mailbox.

One thing to understand is that Poco lets you keep attachments encoded within the e-mail, or automatically save them into the attachments folder. This may effect what you are trying to do.
robin

Postby awm » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:46 am

robin wrote:How many messages?

See the last post in this thread for adding attachments manually to a mailbox.

One thing to understand is that Poco lets you keep attachments encoded within the e-mail, or automatically save them into the attachments folder. This may effect what you are trying to do.

Yes, I knew this. But my question is this: I migrated many emails from Eudora. Many of them have attachments. These are stored in a Eudora folder.

In PocoPE now when I look at one of the migrated messages, it tells me that the attachment is still on the Eudora attachment folder.

My question is how to migrate the attachments to PocoPE attachments folder. I understand that I can simply copy them all. But that is not fixing the reference in the emails to the Eudora attachment folder.

Is there anything you can think of to do to edit the email in PocoPE and modify the reference to the PocoPE attachment folder?

(Actually that ties in with another issue I am interested in - I need to edit the emails - then store them back. Not just annotate, but removed chunks of junk from emails then store them in my message files. Any way to do that in PocoPE?)

Thanks in advance!!!

A.
awm
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Kaigan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:15 am

Don't know if this thread would be of any help in this matter.

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To