[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - IMAP account folders

IMAP account folders

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

IMAP account folders

Postby RBernier » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:42 am

The documentation for PocoMail says this about IMAP Accounts:
"If your IMAP account is correctly setup PocoMail will automatically expand your root IMAP online mailbox into currently available IMAP folders found on your IMAP server".

Is this ability implemented for PocoMail PE? I have attempted every conceivable configuration of PocoMail PE and I cannot get my IMAP server folders to display in PocoMail PE. Can anyone offer any assistance/suggestions as to what if anything I may be doing wrong.

I sent a support request directly to Poco Systems support a few days ago, but unfortunately I have not received a response.

Thanks
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Re: IMAP account folders

Postby Kaigan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:24 pm

RBernier wrote:The documentation for PocoMail says this about IMAP Accounts:
"If your IMAP account is correctly setup PocoMail will automatically expand your root IMAP online mailbox into currently available IMAP folders found on your IMAP server".

Is this ability implemented for PocoMail PE?

Which version are you using? The latest (3.2), after setting up your account, look under "Accounts Online " you should see the IMAP account you just created. Click on the name and on the right window you will see "Details for xxxxx", where "xxxxx" is the name of the account. If you watch the status bar at the bottom, it should say "Searching for new folders..." (or something like that). After this you will have a "+" next to your account name in "Accounts Online". Click this and it will show "Inbox" and should also have a plus sign next to it and clicking on this will show the rest of the folders.

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Postby RBernier » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:12 pm

I am using version 3.03 build 1780 of PocoMail PE. There is a folder for the IMAP account under Accounts on Line. However, there is no plus next to the folder and there are no subfolders.

I appreciate the response.

Thanks,
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Postby Kaigan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:10 pm

RBernier wrote:I am using version 3.03 build 1780 of PocoMail PE. There is a folder for the IMAP account under Accounts on Line. However, there is no plus next to the folder and there are no subfolders.

Sorry, 3.2 is the latest beta. You have the latest release. Click on the name of that folder and you will get the details window and PocoPE will go out to the server and find the folders.

Pete
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Postby RBernier » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:35 am

I clicked on the folder, and the detail screen popped up. After about 5 seconds, a program error box popped up and PocoMail PE closed down.
The program error is: "Poco.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created"

I looked in the PocoMail PE directory on my flash drive but I was not able to loacate the error log.

Any further suggestions/ideas greatly appreciated.

12/15/2004 9:05PM (EST) Update:The above error was received on my work PC, running Windows 2000 Pro. Tonight, I attempted to attain the IMAP folders using my home computer which is running Win XP home with service pak 2. The results were the same. I received an error message and PocoMail PE shut down.
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

IMAP Account Folders

Postby RBernier » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:42 am

Does anyone here know of a way to get in touch with PocoMail support. I sent support a message several days ago indicating that PocoMail PE crashes whenever you attempt to get your IMAP folders. I have tried to acquire my IMAP server folders from two different systems running two different OS. I have tried reinstalling PocoMail PE several times. The result is always the same.

I realize the forums are mostly "manned" by volunteers, and I do appreciate the efforts of those who tried to help me. However this is one function that I cannot get working properly, and support seems to ignore requests for help sent directly to them.

Thanks
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Postby Pete » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:14 am

I don't use PE or IMAP, but I suggest that you verify that "Tools > Accounts Setup > (your account) > Incoming > Enable Secure Connection" is disabled.

If that doesn't help, then also consider posting here what you have in the "IMAP" section (of that same dialog box) for mailbox, root folder, and authentication type.
Pete

IMAP Folders

Postby RBernier » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:42 am

If I disable "enable secure connection", I cannot connect to the server at all. A secure connection (SSL) is required.

IMAP section -
Mailbox - Inbox

Root Folder: (currently empty - I've tried my email address, the server name, the name of the parent folder on the server, etc. Not really sure what should go in there).

Authentication Type: CRAM-MD5 (The server is an LDAP server) - I have tried the other types of authentication also without any success.

Thanks
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Re: IMAP Folders

Postby Kaigan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:32 am

RBernier wrote:If I disable "enable secure connection", I cannot connect to the server at all. A secure connection (SSL) is required.

I reinstalled PocoPE 3.03 build 1780 and created a secure connection to one of my IMAP accounts and it listed all the mailboxes. The problems occured when I clicked on a mailbox to list the email messages. Dr Watson would come up and 3.03 would shut down. I would suggest to PM "Jim" and request access to the PocoPE beta forum and try the latest beta and see if it fixes your problem. I tried it here and it worked without any problems on the same account.

IMAP section -
Mailbox - Inbox

Root Folder: (currently empty - I've tried my email address, the server name, the name of the parent folder on the server, etc. Not really sure what should go in there).

Authentication Type: CRAM-MD5 (The server is an LDAP server) - I have tried the other types of authentication also without any success.

The root folder setting should be "Inbox.". Note the period after inbox. I just leave the authentication type as the default (seems to be CRAM-MD5) when I create the account and it works ok.

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Slaven » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:19 am

You can also contact me to download PocoMail PE 3.2 beta, which may help with this problem. Just send me a Private Message.

Also, if you can include your email address in the message so that we can find your support requests, you should have heard from us by now so something must be amiss.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Pete » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:57 am

RBernier wrote:If I disable "enable secure connection", I cannot connect to the server at all. A secure connection (SSL) is required.

When I experimented with Pocomail and FastMail's IMAP servers (a long time ago), it would only work for me if I disabled SSL, otherwise Pocomail would crash and/or not show me the folders. Maybe (hopefully) the new beta fixes that for you.

Also, SSL has never worked for me with Pocomail's "View Mail on Server" command when using FastMail's POP3 servers. This was a documented limitation and I always assumed that this was related to the fact that SSL didn't work with any of the "Accounts Online" mailboxes either (such as IMAP mailboxes).

RBernier wrote: Root Folder: (currently empty - I've tried my email address, the server name, the name of the parent folder on the server, etc. Not really sure what should go in there).

Unlike with Peter's IMAP server (which requires "Inbox."), I successfully used just a period (.) with FastMail for the Root Folder. You might try this too (and then re-try the various options for the Authentication Type).
Pete

Postby Kaigan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:42 pm

Pete wrote:Unlike with Peter's IMAP server (which requires "Inbox."), I successfully used just a period (.) with FastMail for the Root Folder. You might try this too (and then re-try the various options for the Authentication Type).

Re-reading Fastmails and Mailsnares FAQs, probably just the period is what is required. Does the Mailbox and Root Folder lines work in conjunction with one another? I couldn't find anything in the help on this, so maybe someone from PSI could comment on what is needed here. I have set my IMAP accounts to have just the period in Root Folder and they work fine.

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Postby RBernier » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:50 pm

Actually, it turned out in my case, that I had to leave the root folder blank. I was given given access to the 3.2 Beta and this seemed to solve my problem.
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Postby Kaigan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:05 pm

RBernier wrote:Actually, it turned out in my case, that I had to leave the root folder blank. I was given given access to the 3.2 Beta and this seemed to solve my problem.

Like I said earlier, I'm now not really sure what needs to be on that line, I interpeted from the FAQs at Mailsnare and Fastmail that it was "Inbox." and it worked, so I left it at that.
Anyways glad it's working for you. :D

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Slaven » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:25 pm

I think it really varies server to server, and some servers use a very obscure name that you have to find out through the administrator.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To