[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Return E-mails Acting Odd and Causing Bounces[Mod: Resolved]

Return E-mails Acting Odd and Causing Bounces[Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Return E-mails Acting Odd and Causing Bounces[Mod: Resolved]

Postby rlarsonmaynard » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:45 am

PE 3.0.3 1780
ISP: Launchnet

Here's what happens:

I send an e-mail out using PocoMail PE.
The reciever gets it and clicks reply (does not type my address in).
Reciever sends e-mail back to me.
It bounces back to receiever :!:

The reason it bounces is the e-mail address it is trying to send to is not mine. I don't have a copy of a header right now to paste in, what I remember is that it has a different domain. Instead of launchnet.com, sometimes it's Yahoo or something other domain.

Could this be a function of PocoMail PE? There reason I suspect PocoMail PE is that I have several other e-mail accounts that I send mail to these same people from and this doesn't happen.

Maybe I have an account setting wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Randall
rlarsonmaynard
Drop-in Visitor

Postby rlarsonmaynard » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:18 pm

so here's a thread of headers

I sent this:
Code: Select all
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 9:04 AM
To: "Ron vdjdffkajhdf" <rotoron(AT)somewhere.net>
Subject: Job Details
He tried to repy and this header was applied:
Code: Select all
To: <Randall.Larson-Maynard(AT)mtac2.prodigy.net>
Subject: RE: Job Details
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:26:15 -0800
Message-ID: <200502260125.j1Q1PY2Y029333(AT)ylpvm43.prodigy.net>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/related;
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0000_01C51B88.D747DB40"
X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook, Build 11.0.6353
In-Reply-To: <20052259334.747170(AT)oww00048342k>
Thread-Index: AcUbW/jL4mTvY2uMSKOseNCch3LRwQARgfyw
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
I have no clue how a prodigy domain gets on there. He's not the only one to have this happen to one of my e-mails.

Edit Eric: added Code tags + removed live email links
Randall
rlarsonmaynard
Drop-in Visitor

Postby rlarsonmaynard » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:33 am

I found the problem.... :roll:

In Account Setup>Outgoing>Reply-To: the field was set as my name with no e-mail address.

It appears that when you do that, and the reciever hits reply, a random address is picked.

So, I put in my address and everything seems fine now.
Randall
rlarsonmaynard
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To