[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PocoMail4 & PocoPE

PocoMail4 & PocoPE

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PocoMail4 & PocoPE

Postby pmcclure » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:35 am

I am curious if the "sync" is yet available from Pocomail4 with PE version. I tried it both ways this morning with no sucess - but that could just be me.

Would it be easier to point PocoMial at the PE directory on the U3 stick because when in office JU3 is always online but when travelling it will either be in notebook or plugged into a library computer.

Thanks

~ Moved to PocoMail PE ... Eric ~
pmcclure
Drop-in Visitor

Re: PocoMail4 & PocoPE

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:09 am

pmcclure wrote:I am curious if the "sync" is yet available from Pocomail4 with PE version. I tried it both ways this morning with no sucess - but that could just be me.
As already posted here, Poco 4 won't sync with the present PE version. :?
Would it be easier to point PocoMial at the PE directory on the U3 stick because when in office JU3 is always online but when travelling it will either be in notebook or plugged into a library computer.
All depends on how you're going to use it.
If you want to make PE your master, then you should point to the PE directory on your U3 stick.
Once at home you can sync everything with PocoMail on your desktop.
Best way to find it out is giving it a shot. :wink:

Thanks
Eric

Confused

Postby pmcclure » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:05 am

" Once at home you can sync everything with PocoMail on your desktop".

Thanks for help but one quesstion.

It would not be "synched" but Poco on desktop would be pointing to and using data files on the stick or do you mean using Import > Restore from another version on Desk version and synching in that fashion?

I tried out PocoMail V 3 for desktop and it worked find with the U3 Stick and I could sync up and down using the "sync" command on the Poco PE.

Choice seems to be

1) Use Pocomail V3 on desk and U3 V 3 on stick and sync

2) Use Pocomail4 on Desk and set it to point to data files on U3 Stick

3) Use Pocomail4 and Import > Restore

What do you recommend

Thanks?
pmcclure
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Confused

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:47 am

pmcclure wrote:Thanks for help but one quesstion.
It would not be "synched" but Poco on desktop would be pointing to and using data files on the stick or do you mean using Import > Restore from another version on Desk version and synching in that fashion?
My pleasure helping you. :wink:
Since Poco 4 won't sync at present with Poco PE, the best way would be to point to the data files on your stick.
I'm only wondering if you need to compress your mail everytime, because when you download mail through Poco 4, it will be using IDB index files. Poco PE uses IDX index files. :roll:
I tried out PocoMail V 3 for desktop and it worked find with the U3 Stick and I could sync up and down using the "sync" command on the Poco PE.
Yes, that should work just fine, because they both use IDX. :P
Choice seems to be
1) Use Pocomail V3 on desk and U3 V 3 on stick and sync
Like I said above, that would work just great.
2) Use Pocomail4 on Desk and set it to point to data files on U3 Stick
Same problem as adressed above about those index files, unless Poco PE 4 is released.
3) Use Pocomail4 and Import > Restore
Import from where? Do you mean importing from Poco PE?
I don't think it would work, if you want to bring new mail over to your desktop.
What do you recommend
What if you keep your data on your stick and use both Poco 4 at the office and on your notebook.
:!: Keep however PE installed on your stick too, so in case you need to use it, all data is present after compressing your folders.

Don't know exactly what you want to do with it, but at present Poco 3 syncs with Poco PE,
so IMO that would be the best to do for now.
I'm not sure if my idea would work. Best to try it out to see what it does.

Hope that helps a bit. :wink:
Eric

Travelling

Postby pmcclure » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:25 am

Thanks for the info. My reason for this discussion is based on my travelling requirements. I own a small specilaized industrial sales business and majority of business is down by Fax or email and recive all faxes as email attachments. I live in Canada and go to Florida for approx two month's and place I rent only has Modem service. I used lthe local library and Webmail to screen all the emails then download by modem. They will not let me however connect my laptop to thier system. The 'stick drive" seems to be a great solution, specifically the U3 system where program is wholly contained. Take the U3 to library get all emails - bring them back do what is required on Desktop using installed desktop software and next trip send what is required. Lexar with their Jumpdrive and Traveler software allow you do this with Outlook but I am not a fan of MS. Thunderbird can be also used but means copying complete directy and sub-directory's. I like the look and feel of Poco PE. The first Company that brings the best simple solution will make a mint. Poco bundles now PM4 & PE3 - bad move on their part from my point of view. . There is nothing on WeB Site or Manual that says in PE that 'sync" must be to PM3. Advice to Poco - bring forth a working integerated package thats works. As writing this also maybe install PE on desktop in a unique sepertate directory/folder and then "sync" this with U3 drive.

Again thanks for earlier replys
pmcclure
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Travelling

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:57 am

pmcclure wrote:Thanks for the info.
You're welcome. :wink:
I like the look and feel of Poco PE. The first Company that brings the best simple solution will make a mint. Poco bundles now PM4 & PE3 - bad move on their part from my point of view. There is nothing on WeB Site or Manual that says in PE that 'sync" must be to PM3. Advice to Poco - bring forth a working integerated package thats works. As writing this also maybe install PE on desktop in a unique sepertate directory/folder and then "sync" this with U3 drive.
Don't know why it's still listed as a bundle, but maybe they overlooked that part when rebuilding the site. :?
There will be a new Poco PE 4 version, but I think that will start once Poco 4, Barca/Barca Pro 2 betas are released.

Nice idea about the sync to your U3 drive, but you can also install Poco PE on your desktop.
Already tried that. :)
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To