[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Are there any instructions to configure g-mail account

Are there any instructions to configure g-mail account

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Are there any instructions to configure g-mail account

Postby suryakiran86 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:45 pm

Hello,
Can someone give me the set of instructions to configure gmail with Pocomail PE, please.
I am not able to connect to my gmail account with Pocomail PE.
Atleast some pointers in that regard would be very helpful.

TIA,
Best regards,
Suryanarayana @IN
suryakiran86
New Arrival

Re: Are there any instructions to configure g-mail account

Postby Eric » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:51 am

Hi Suryanarayana & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
suryakiran86 wrote:Hello,
Can someone give me the set of instructions to configure gmail with Pocomail PE, please.
I am not able to connect to my gmail account with Pocomail PE.
Atleast some pointers in that regard would be very helpful.
:!: First of all make sure your Gmail account is enabled for POP access.

Next open your account > General:
- Incoming server: pop.gmail.com:995
- Username: insert your gmail address
- Password: your password

Go to the incoming tab and enable secure connection (SSL)

Also with this version you won't be able to send through your Gmail account, unless you use a third party app,
like stunnel, Freepops & others.
For outgoing settings have a look at GMail Outgoing SMTP Settings.

Also take a look at this.

Hope this helps setting it up. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To