[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Using MyInfo on network drive while not on the road

Using MyInfo on network drive while not on the road

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Using MyInfo on network drive while not on the road

Postby mmaritz » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:03 pm

Hi

I have very successfully used PocomailPE on my network share while in the office and would like to do the same with my newly purchased MyInfo.exe.

MyInfo comes up with a message:

Error: Removable Device not found

Is there a way I can use the features of a great product but not off the flash drive...

Thanks
Mark
mmaritz
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:12 am

MyInfoToGo is not intended to run on harddrive, and as far as I am aware, it is not possible (I have tried that too).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

myinfotogo on a harddrive

Postby nberglmeir » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:31 pm

Myingotogo refuses to install on a non removable device, but this also something I'm very confused about. WHY ?

If users want to use the program on their network, why not let them just use it. I don't think this restriction makes any sense.

"The removable device not found" message even would prevent me from preconfiguring myinfotogo for our customers which is definetely a NOGO.

However, there are ways of letting myinfotogo run on the network. My workmate managed that after some windows tweaking. But this should be possible officially.
(Please don't ask about how he did it. I wouldn't tell because it's pocosystems business to handle this)

Nick
nberglmeir
Drop-in Visitor

Serious problem now.

Postby nberglmeir » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:40 pm

Normally myinfotogo would be run from a trucrypt volume.
We're using several different mail clients that way.

But myinfotogo refuses to accept the mounted volume
as a removable media!

Definetely not acceptable!
truecrypt on the road is standard for our own purpose
and that of most of our customers who are using
portable mailclients and other portable applications.

Nick
nberglmeir
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To