[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Importing to MyInfoToGo

Importing to MyInfoToGo

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Importing to MyInfoToGo

Postby jayno » Wed May 16, 2007 2:13 am

Help!

I use Barca 2

I have purchased and installed MITG on my Sandisk U3 Cruzer. Just opened the U3 Barca programme but I can't seem to import my contacts, messages etc from the PC Barca programme.

Using the import Wizard I have clicked on "other pocomail or barca installation" as my import source. The next window that opens automatically puts \Barca.ini as the Directory to import from, and asks me to type YES to confirm I have seen the "warning" that I will be "overwriting data in this installation". When I do this and click Start nothing happens.

I must be missing something obvious. Can anyone give me an idiot guide through the steps please?

Assuming I get the importing done, can those offering to help also tell me what procedure I will need to follow to get MITG to replicate/sync with what's in my PC Barca, and vice versa, in the future?

:oops:
jayno
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed May 16, 2007 3:31 am

:!: Did you have a look at Barca, myInfoToGo & huge mail boxes.... You even posted there.

Will have a look at the rest later when possible. ;)
Eric

Postby jayno » Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 am

Hi Eric

I have to confess I had forgotten about my earlier post re MITG and "migo", but I never bought migo anyway, so I guess I'm still ready for any advice and help that can be offered.

Jayno
jayno
Frequent Visitor

Re: Importing to MyInfoToGo

Postby Tomas » Wed May 16, 2007 7:20 am

jayno wrote:The next window that opens automatically puts \Barca.ini as the Directory to import from, and asks me to type YES to confirm I have seen the "warning" that I will be "overwriting data in this installation". When I do this and click Start nothing happens.

Did you try to navigate to the barca.ini file manually instead of accepting the automatically offered value?
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby jayno » Wed May 16, 2007 8:32 am

Hi Tomas

No, I just left it as it appeared in the box: " \Barca.ini " then typed "YES" in the accepted warning box below.
jayno
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu May 17, 2007 7:16 am

jayno wrote:No, I just left it as it appeared in the box: " \Barca.ini " then typed "YES" in the accepted warning box below.
No go here either. :?
Tried to sync by selecting my In folder, but that didn't work either, although everything got transferred, except my mail.
Most likely because I'm using Vista at present and MITG hasn't been updated yet :?:

My test PC with Windows Pro is momentarily not available. :cry:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Thu May 17, 2007 9:24 am

jayno wrote:Hi Tomas

No, I just left it as it appeared in the box: " \Barca.ini " then typed "YES" in the accepted warning box below.

Please click the folder icon next to \Barca.ini and navigate to the real location of Barca.ini on the harddrive.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby jayno » Fri May 18, 2007 6:47 am

Result! :D

Thanks Tomas, that did the trick. Barca2 data now fully imported to MITG Barca.

Can you now advise me what the normal procedure is for updating?

What I mean is, if I have downloaded new mail, deleted old stuff, altered folders etc into Barca2 on the PC, and I want to sync that onto MITG Barca?

And vice versa: if I have downloaded new mail into MITG Barca and/or made other changes, how do I sync that onto Barca2 on my PC?

Do I go through the full import procedure each time, or is there a simple replication procedure?

Thanks
jayno
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat May 19, 2007 8:22 am

Glad to hear the import worked.
jayno wrote:Do I go through the full import procedure each time, or is there a simple replication procedure?

I have never tried that so I'm not sure , but there is a Sync function, accessible from MITG menu: Tools -> Sync folders.

Another alternative is manual transfer: what should work is copy whole Barca or MITG folder over the other, but exclude any file with .ini extension.
That has to be done all the time when data on one were changed and you are switching to the other, you would obviously lose data if you had changes on both places and did that.

And full import procedure is yet another way.

Just be careful. I would advise to make frequent backups.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby jayno » Sat May 19, 2007 8:59 am

Thankyou for the reply Tomas.

I'll let you know how I get on with the different options.

late edit:

I've emailed Poco to ask for more direction on this. I don't feel confident that I won't lose data.
jayno
Frequent Visitor

Postby jayno » Mon May 21, 2007 5:26 am

Received my reply from Poco Support:

"... Hi,

thank you for contacting Poco Systems helpdesk with your question. You can use Tools -> Sync Folders (available from the MITG menu) for both cases.

We are aware of the lack of help on MITG, hopefully it will be fixed in next update to MITG, beta testing of the update shall start soon (right after the current beta testing of Barca and Pocomail will finish).

Best regards,
..."

This came from "Tomas". Are you one and the same person?!
:o
Jayno
Firefox 12.0 | Barca 2.8 | MITG 2.1
Sandboxie, ESET Smartsecurity, SUPERantispyware, Malware bytes, Spybot S&D, HijackThis, Adaware, RegScrub XP, CrapCleaner
jayno
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Mon May 21, 2007 6:36 pm

jayno wrote:Are you one and the same person?!
:o

Yes I am, my presence on forums is purely as a fellow user, and precedes my involvement with Pocosystems support by many years. :)
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To