[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Access Violation at address 0040531F

Access Violation at address 0040531F

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Access Violation at address 0040531F

Postby trevpoco » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:37 pm

Searched the forums and found one "access violation" post, but it does not seem to be the same issue.

I use PocomailPE on the email voyager usb stick. Whenever I try to reply to an email, I get the error access violation at address 0040531F.

I tried renaming and creating a new poco.ini file and the only thing that changed was the second part of the error message. It went from (Read of address 02120004) to (01c7c000.)

Creating a new message works just fine, but there is no way to reply to any using the reply buttons.

Thank you for your help.
trevpoco
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:23 am

Do you have more computers available where you can test it? Maybe it's related to the hardware configuration.

Do you have nVidia graphics card, and their nView application?
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

access violation

Postby trevpoco » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:02 pm

Will try and find another computer to try it on this weekend.

Yes, have NVIDA, but nview is off. It interferes with too many other progs.

Just for some more info. I am unable to write any messages without the access violation. That is, I can not reply, forward, bounce or compose a new message, either with the buttons, or keyboard shortcuts..... not fun....

Thank you for your help. It is much appreciated.
trevpoco
New Arrival

Access Violation

Postby trevpoco » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:33 pm

OK, found another computer and it seems to work quite well. Now, what the heck do I need to do to get it to work on mine.

Afterall, have to train the little devil to know what is spam and what isn't.... Also, would like to know so if I hit the same problem on the road.

Thanks again for your help.
trevpoco
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:39 am

I'd try to:

- close all other running programs one by one, to find if any of them is a possible source of conflict. Usually an antivirus.

- update the nVidia driver, if there is a more recent version
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

access violation

Postby trevpoco » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:31 pm

Thank you for your assistance. Will give it a try. Sure hope it works.
trevpoco
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To