[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - CompressMailbox Script

CompressMailbox Script

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

CompressMailbox Script

Postby dribnus » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:10 am

Ok, before anyone says search and look...I have...I'm sure it's here somewhere but I can't find it. I am trying to learn scripting. This is something new that I'm trying to work around a few issues with the main program. To start with, I'm trying to schedule an "Event" that will run a filter that will run a script to 'compress' all mailboxes a couple of times a day. It seems like a simple script, but for some reason, not simple enough for me. Any suggestions on using this command with a script?
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby MarkB » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:49 am

According to Help, CompressMailbox "*" will compress all mailboxes.
CompressMailbox $mailboxname
Compresses the indicated mailbox. To compress all mailboxes use the string "*" for the mailbox name.

So I tried it. Poco went berserk. By the time I got it stopped, using Task Manager, it had created thousands and thousands of entries in the Search mailbox -- 200 MB worth.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Michael » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:31 pm

One caution to anyone using the CompressMailbox command, do not use this command in any script that saves messages to a mailbox as it can cause message loss (at least it did when I used this in an earlier version of Poco).
Michael

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To