[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - JGSoft Editpad syntax coloring anyone?

JGSoft Editpad syntax coloring anyone?

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

JGSoft Editpad syntax coloring anyone?

Postby SaskiasImp » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:24 pm

I hope this is not off topic but I was wondering if anyone had created (or knew of) a "custom Syntax Coloring scheme" for editing poco scripts in Editpad Pro? If not what is a good stand alone FREEWARE editor with syntax coloring ?

Hope someone can help.
SaskiasImp
SaskiasImp
Poco Tourist

Re: JGSoft Editpad syntax coloring anyone?

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:20 pm

SaskiasImp wrote:If not what is a good stand alone FREEWARE editor with syntax coloring ?
There are lots of freeware notepads/editors. Have a look at Snapfiles or SoftPedia.
At Snapfiles you can select to only show freeware. :)

Enjoy. :wink:
Eric

Postby Hogyt » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:45 pm

SaskiasImp, I use the freeware editor PSPad for all my programming, including PocoScript. If you decide to use it i can upload the syntax file for PocoScript somewhere. In the extras section there is a syntax file for the freeware Crimson Editor, as well as some syntax files for commercial editors. You could probably use one of them to create your own EditPad syntax file.
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby SaskiasImp » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:18 pm

Hi Hogyt,
I would appretiate a copy of your syntax file for PSPad, it seems a pretty good freeware text editor. :D
SaskiasImp
Poco Tourist

Postby Hogyt » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:37 pm

Yeah i really like it. It has some limitations but its the best free text editor i've used.

There's two files. The first you can get -> here <- and should be saved to the Syntax folder in your PSPad installation. The second you can get -> here <- and should be saved in the Context folder.

Then start PSPad and go to Settings->Highlighters Settings and set up the new highlighter for PocoScript, e.g.:
The stylings for Comment, Key (the main keywords), Key words 2 (True/False) and Reserved word (reserved variables) should have an effect. That should be all there is too it (if my memory serves me correctly!).

If you load/create a .poc file and start to type a command then press Ctrl+Space it should give you a hint as to the parameters:
Then escape closes the window or enter copies the syntax into the open file.

I think there's a limitation in PSPad where it won't highlight words that begin with certain characters like $ or %, so in that screenshot you can see "message" is highlighted but really it should be "%message" that gets highlighted (i dropped the %). I don't think it's a problem in practise.

There's a script for editing scripts in an external editor you may like to use in -> this <- topic. I have it set up to run from a button in PocoMail which when clicked produces a combobox of all the scripts, then selecting one loads it into PSPad (or whatever editor you configure) for editing. It remembers the last edited script which is useful.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Corrected some typos :)
Last edited by Hogyt on Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby jaxgtr » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:18 am

Hogyt, thanks for this. I have playing around with Pocoscript using the text editor in VS .Net. Having the syntax file will make learning the language a little easier.

Brian :D
jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:32 am

It will come in handy once I give it a go.
Thanks Mat. :wink:
Eric

Postby Hogyt » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:23 am

Great! If you notice any mistakes or missing commands please let me know. I think the syntax is copied directly from the PocoScript reference (that comes with PocoMail) by Michael so thanks Michael!

There's room to fit in a very short description of what the commands do if anyone feels like updating the PocoScript.DEF file with that :-)
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To