[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Print what you need

Print what you need

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Print what you need

Postby ente » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:11 am

Actually I think that for many pocomail addicts it would be a very usfull feature to be able to have in Reading Mail Options a function which lets you define what part of a mail has to be printed by default, something like

Print until page (value) but keep mail unchanged

Since such an option does not yet exist, I will here descripe my personal situation and needs for which I'm looking for a script:

I'm a rare book dealer and get often orders transmitted by a database like Abebooks or so. These mails are often just a few lines longer (with not relevant informations at the end) than have place on one single page.

And

Very often clients just answer a mail by using the answer button and since very often such corresponce goes back and forth many times and the mail gets longer and longer.

While - of course - I have to to have to store the complete mail, most of the time I would be happy to have only the "relevant" part of such a mail on paper, for having it ready while handling the book- and could so easely economize on paper by not printing what I don't need.

Therefore I'm looking for a script which does about the following:

look after the sender, when it comes from
aaaa
it prints until Text abcde (or until line 123)
and moves the UNCHANGED original mail to mailbox aaaa_order

and or

reads incomming mail and when it finds

firtsname lastname schrieb am Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:41:25 (this is "my" insert header format)

or when it sees

that there are lines starting with
> (or any other defined quote character)

it prints the mail only until the insert header or until the lines starting with
>
and then moves the UNCHANGED mail to mailbox nnnnn
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:40 am

Hi ente,

Maybe the script printselectedtext.poc found in Extras gives you already part of the solution. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To