[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - archive messages

archive messages

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

archive messages

Postby janrif » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:42 am

Poco Help file mentions an "Archive" script but I can't find it. Can anyone direct me to it?

I'm trying to create a script that will look @ all msgs in my junk folder & delete any msg older than today on startup.

And, I might add, I know exactly zero about script writing but I'm trying.

Currently I'm trying to set it up so Pcoo will look @ Header %date and then if it's not equal to today to

mark it (for testing purposes only)

actually to delete it from the junk folder

TIA
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA
w2k-sp4
janrif
Resident Poster

Re: archive messenges

Postby Michael » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:23 am

janrif wrote:Poco Help file mentions an "Archive" script but I can't find it. Can anyone direct me to it?

The script in this thread is an exact copy of the one supplied by PSI.

janrif wrote:I'm trying to create a script that will look @ all msgs in my junk folder & delete any msg older than today on startup.

And, I might add, I know exactly zero about script writing but I'm trying.

Currently I'm trying to set it up so Pcoo will look @ Header %date and then if it's not equal to today to

mark it (for testing purposes only)

actually to delete it from the junk folder

TIA

Unfortunately this won't work in Poco3/Barca1 (and won't yet in Poco4/Barca2 but I will raise the necessary functional changes with PSI).

The problem is that scripts can only run on selected messages and, at startup, no messages have been selected. There might be other ways of donig this under Poco3 but they might tamper with the index of the Junk Mail box which could lead to problems.
Michael

Re: archive messenges

Postby janrif » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:34 am

Michael wrote:
janrif wrote:Poco Help file mentions an "Archive" script but I can't find it. Can anyone direct me to it?

The script in this thread is an exact copy of the one supplied by PSI. [snip]

The problem is that scripts can only run on selected messages and, at startup, no messages have been selected. There might be other ways of donig this under Poco3 but they might tamper with the index of the Junk Mail box which could lead to problems.

OK, Thanks. Michael.
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA
w2k-sp4
janrif
Resident Poster

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To