[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Place picture attachments inline when replying?

Place picture attachments inline when replying?

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Place picture attachments inline when replying?

Postby GOD00007 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:57 pm

I'm a thunderbird user and since i've been using it for some time i thought of giving PM a try, but there are some things i would like to have.

In thunderbird when i reply a message with picture attachments, it attaches the pictures INLINE. But in pocomail ,when i reply to a message which has picture attachments it doesn't attach the pics inline like thunderbird does... it only quotes the text :(

Is there any script that could put all the pictures inline when i reply ?

Or make this as a feature request please ?
GOD00007
Poco Tourist

Postby Michael » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:16 am

THere isn't a script that I am aware of. I tried at one point to write a script that would preserve HTML coding in a replied message but it proved quite ugly. It worked in limited circumstances but wasn't good enough to release for general use.

Normally you should post enhancement requests to Bug Traction but it is down at the moment so I will alert the staff at Poco Systems to this message.
Michael

Postby GOD00007 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:50 am

ahh , so i think this is something they have to look into.
Whether the pictures are attached or placed inline, PM should preserve the HTML format when replying like you said.

I hope they look into this because i reply many mails everyday.
Outlook express and thunderbird does a good job when replying.
That's how i want it to. :)
GOD00007
Poco Tourist

Postby Slaven » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:02 am

If you disable Quote character on reply in Options then this should work (inline images will be retained).
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby GOD00007 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:51 pm

Sorry for the late reply. :oops:

Slaven, i tried that but still it doesn't preserve the HTML format of the original. :(

Ever since i discovered PM, i ONLY wanted 2 features:

1- Save all attachments
2- Ability to place attachments inline when replying/forwarding

Save all attachments has been added in v4, finally! ... thanks poco team !
Now i only need the second feature which i miss, since i'm a thunderbird user.

What i like about replaying mails in TB is, attached pictures are displayed inline when replying. No, i'm not talking about preserving the HTML format, i'm talking about the attached pictures.
Although PM displays inline in the preview pane, it doesn't place them inline when replying or forwarding.

Maybe this should be a script feature request. A script where it places all the attached images inline when you forward or reply to a mail. That is exactly what thunderbird does as default.

I would like to see this feature, maybe in the next version. Please add this so i can ditch my TB. :lol:
GOD00007
Poco Tourist

Postby dirtyoldm » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:44 pm

I too have been waiting for this to be fixed before switching to Poco.

Finally did some experiments with Mozilla/Thunderbird, Outlook Express,
and some others with PocoMail 4.
It seems OE and Foxmail show attachments inline no matter what, if you
set them to do so.
But Moz/Tbird kills inline display if the header right above the attachment
includes "Content-Disposition: attachment;".

So I used a byte editor to blank out the 2 instances of this line in
pocomail.exe and whaddaya know... now it works with Thunderbird!

I have done NO testing to see what bad consequences this might have,
or figure out which instance is the right one.
So don't rush to patch your pocomail.exe before backing it up!
dirtyoldm
New Arrival

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To