[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Next Unread script?

Next Unread script?

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Next Unread script?

Postby Larry » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:08 am

Is there a way to write a script that will skip to the next unread message? I know there's a keyboard way to do that but would like to find a script that I can assign to the toolbar.

I don't see anything in the references and can't find anything on the Scripts page.

Thanks,
Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby MarkB » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:06 pm

I can empathize. I too like one-handed, mouse-only computing -- chair turned and tilted back, feet up, coffee mug in the left hand, right hand on the mouse... :smile:

There's probably no good way to do what you want. If you can accept a makeshift solution, and if you have one of the Windows automation tools, and if the project is worth the effort to you, you could have a toolbar button in PocoMail that launches a PocoScript that in turn launches an external, non-PocoScript script that sends the keystrokes Alt+N to PocoMail. Here is an example PocoScript (which would have to be modified):
Code: Select all
{ SendAltN
{ Launches an external script that will send the keystrokes
{ Alt+N to PocoMail
Execute "C:\\Program Files\\PocoMail4\\SendAltN.exe"

And here is one possible external script, in AutoIt:
Code: Select all
; SendAltN
; Sends the keystrokes Alt+N to PocoMail.
; Compile this script.
; AutoIt v3.2.4.9

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ; 2 = substring, case sensitive
WinActivate("PocoMail")
If WinWaitActive("PocoMail", "", 1) Then
   Send("!n")
Else
   MsgBox(48, @ScriptName, "PocoMail is not active", 3)
EndIf
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Next Unread script?

Postby ChrisKnight » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:36 pm

I don't have a workable answer for you but a direction you may wish to experiment in. Though I can't promise success.

CommandTag "menu/next" will move to the next message in the interface. I cannot find a CommandTag reference to know if there is one to move to the next unread message, which could be ideal for you if the %message variable would also change. It would be easy enough to read the status header of a message and if it is "read" move to the next one. But I have not been able to see how to get the %message variable to change with the change of message selection in the UI.

If you find the answer to that post back to let me know.

Good luck,
~Chris
ChrisKnight
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To