[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Filter command for mark mail read

Filter command for mark mail read

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Re: Filter command for mark mail read

Postby MarkB » Sun May 13, 2012 3:02 am

Casey wrote:I didn't realize that I could type strings into those fields.

You're not alone. That fools everyone.

About this filter:

X-Poco-Status: R, with a space, also works and maybe looks better.

Incoming messages have no X-Poco-Status header at filter time [PocoMail 4.8]. The filter's "remove header" command is included just in case.

Later, when PocoMail would normally insert the header and assign it a U, for unread, Poco instead politely honours the meddling done by our filter. This behaviour is undocumented, but it is also unlikely to change, given the moribundity of the program.

This filter is for incoming mail only. Messages already received and in mailboxes may have information in the status header in addition to read/unread.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Filter command for mark mail read

Postby Casey » Sun May 13, 2012 3:30 am

Thanks,

At first, I added the remove and add header commands to my existing filter to move the message. That didn't seem to work. I found I had to add and remove headers before moving the message. Now everything seems to work just the way I wanted.

Casey
Casey
Poco Tourist

Previous

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To