[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Horizontal Line Script

Horizontal Line Script

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Horizontal Line Script

Postby roadrunner » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 am

Is there a script to add a horizontal line in "reply" email?

Have a wonderful day.

Thank you.

roadrunner
roadrunner
Poco Tourist

Re: Horizontal Line Script

Postby blakelyg » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:21 am

roadrunner wrote:Is there a script to add a horizontal line in "reply" email?

Have a wonderful day.

Thank you.

roadrunner

Are you talking about a solid line (similar to Thunderbird) or simply a horizontal line at the start of a reply. If it is the latter then you go to Options, Quoting Text and put whatever character that you want in the box. ASCII Code ALT124 is the one for horizontal Line if it does not show on your keyboard (above the Enter Key should be | and \). If you are looking for a quoted solid line using HTML - similar to Thunderbird, then I am not sure how you would do that. One of the Script guru's would best address that.

G
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby roadrunner » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am inquiring for the solid horizontal line for "reply" as in Thunderbird.

Have a wonderful day.

roadrunner
roadrunner
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:37 am

I can only confirm the above, best way would be to use menu Tools > Options, Quoting Text, in automatic headers make the solid line using the keyboard.

It will be possible to use a script but maybe too complicated (a custom version of an existing InsertHTML script)...InsertHTML can only be run manually on outgoing messages, I'm not sure right now whether the customized script would also need to be run manually each time or whether it would be possible to set it to be run against outgoing messages automatically...how the script works is that it replaces a unique string in your email (inserted eg. through automatic headers as above) with the HTML (HR tag in this case).
I'm bit on a run and don't have time right now but if you'll be interested in the script solution despite it being cumbersome please let me know and I can get to it over weekend.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby roadrunner » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:40 pm

Thank you Tomas. Your first suggestion works well for me.

Have a glorious day!

Roadrunner
roadrunner
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To