[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Forward msgs to Cell phone Durring work hours

Forward msgs to Cell phone Durring work hours

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Forward msgs to Cell phone Durring work hours

Postby Ackilles » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:30 pm

How would I do this.
I want to have Barca foward all my incoming mail under a certain size, and that isn't spam, to my cell phone during work hours, and not when I'm home.
I'm pritty sure that this program can do this, but how?
Ackilles
New Arrival

Postby robin » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:07 pm

Hi Ackilles - welcome to the forum.

What you are talking about here is forwarding any received mail that you have specified to another e-mail address that your cell phone provider (or someone else) provides to you (Barca won't know or care if it is a cell-phone or any other type of e-mail address). [Barca does not have any interface to let it send SMS messages].

You should be able to use a filter for this, but make sure that you run the filter after the spam-mail filter has run. (Check the help file on filters). One of the options is to check the maximum message size and trigger the filter if it is not reached, then use the "forward" option.

Ah - I've just spotted the "gotcha" - you want it to trigger only at certain times. This would probably require a script since the normal filters don't appear to support time-specific operations outisde "today, yesterday" etc.

I've moved the thread to the Script section where it is better placed.
robin

Postby Ackilles » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:53 am

Thanks Robin. You nailed it there. Every thing you mentioned I have done and is working great. Exept for one thing. It doesn't like to send the fowards right away. I've created an event that says ON FOWARD - Send Que
But it still doesn't seam to send them all the time, it puts them in the out box, but wont actualy send them to the server.
As for the scripting, I haven't done any scripting in this package before. I'm fairly proficient in programing, so I should be able to figure out abit, I think I'll still need some help tho. So if anyone out there has any ideas please post them.
Ackilles
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:58 am

Ackilles wrote:I've created an event that says ON FORWARD - Send Que
But it still doesn't seam to send them all the time, it puts them in the out box, but wont actualy send them to the server.

:!: Go to Options | Sending Mail | Other
Be sure to check 'Send queued messages when checking mail'.
Eric

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To