[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Choosing new skin

Choosing new skin

Discussion related to appearance modifications

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby deogana » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:38 pm

Thanks for a prompt reply Eric. But I am desperate to try out new skins. Please help me in finding a solution.
deogana
Frequent Visitor

Postby deogana » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:27 pm

any suggestions Eric. I am still not able to use skins.
deogana
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:04 pm

No closer to a solution, sorry. :?
Eric

Postby deogana » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:03 pm

you know every day I am checking the site to see if there is an update version. Could you tell me if we can expect an update in near future so that my anxiety is put to rest. Also I can expect some improvements.
deogana
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:57 pm

deogana wrote:you know every day I am checking the site to see if there is an update version.
No need to check the site daily. Just subscribe to Poco Report. :)
Could you tell me if we can expect an update in near future so that my anxiety is put to rest. Also I can expect some improvements.
PSI is working on a major update (version 4) which will go into beta soon.
This update will be released after the beta session.
Improvements in new version:

- outgoing TLS/SSL
- improved unicode
- improved IMAP
- much faster engine
- new search/much faster
- more user friendly GUI
- an improved address book

and there's more to come. :P
Eric

Postby deogana » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:27 am

That is great Eric. I hope that there will be something on LDAP also.
deogana
Frequent Visitor

Postby GuitarCustomShop » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:42 am

So, did the release of pocomail 4 solve the "skins" issue for the poco3 users who were running winME ? (or was it just a case of 'take the money and run'!)

With all the bugs plagueing Poco4 under Win2000, I have to wonder if PSI actually does ANY regression testing on the actual "advertised" operating systems. (you know, the ones its software is CLAIMED to be compatible with...) :?
GuitarCustomShop
Frequent Visitor

Postby Leo Berkhout » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:23 am

GuitarCustomShop wrote:So, did the release of pocomail 4 solve the "skins" issue for the poco3 users who were running winME ? (or was it just a case of 'take the money and run'!)

With all the bugs plagueing Poco4 under Win2000, I have to wonder if PSI actually does ANY regression testing on the actual "advertised" operating systems. (you know, the ones its software is CLAIMED to be compatible with...) :?

I use Windows XP SP1 UK.
I was first working with Eudora. After Update to 6.0, it crashes and it was not possible to install it that it was working again. Also not with older version of Eudora. :oops:

Then I switched to Mozilla Thunderbird, a open source freeware client. What a atrocious head pain to configure the system.
Added account will not shown and directory structure and contents of the mail folders doesn't compare the way you configure within Thunderbird. Filters are not working on more accounts and generate a lots of errors, "Mark as read" is tagged entirely random, and a lot more bugs.
Then my email provider changes my username and password, no problem, I get a message with the new ones.
Do you think you van change a password in Thunderbird? No!
You can delete it and create a new, but it will not work with your ne username because it will use the old one, however it is changed to the new ones in all dialogs and setups of the accounts.
Some where in the data and directory spaghetti of Mozilla Thunderbird still your old username exist... scrambled and well...
I don't tell about the to be lacking of backup and restore possibilities... and don't try to merge old backups with new email boxes, it can't be done with Mozilla! :evil:

Then I start looking for an new email client.
I downloaded the brand new Eudora 7.0, installed it and I see what I already suspected. The only updates (as usual from version 4.0) is visible in the about box. :roll:

Then I found Pocomail. Stange name... Do they mean Pokemonmail?
I just installed Pocomail 4.0 some days ago.
I look at the directory structure too.
It's real clean and clear! My first impression is so good that I have paid the $39,95 dollar. :)

And then I downloaded some nice skins.
Unfortunately, they are not loaded, only some icons in the message body are updated and the color changes.
No nice skin in the button header, it doesn't work. :cry:

I think Pocomail is under development and the bugs (I found a lot, 10 in a few days) will be solved later.
In spite of the bugs I continue to use this program.
I'm looking for the updates soon... :P

http://www.leoberkhout.com/pocomail/
Leo Berkhout
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:15 am

Leo Berkhout wrote:Then I found Pocomail. Stange name... Do they mean Pokemonmail?
No, it's PocoMail and not about Pokemon. :lol:
And then I downloaded some nice skins.
Unfortunately, they are not loaded, only some icons in the message body are updated and the color changes.
See my answer in this topic. :)
I think Pocomail is under development and the bugs (I found a lot, 10 in a few days) will be solved later.
No, PocoMail isn't under development, although beta-testing is done at present to identify and fix the reported bugs, as well as making some improvements. 8)
Version 4 has been rebuild from scratch, so it's only normal to have bugs, besides no software is 100% bugfree.
Hope you'll like the upcoming release. :wink:
Eric

Postby Leo Berkhout » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:58 am

Eric wrote:
Leo Berkhout wrote:Then I found Pocomail. And then I downloaded some nice skins.
See my answer in this topic. :)

Yes, and the problem has been solved. I forget to check a box to display the skin for the button header.
Now Pocomail looks great (besides its nice structure!)

Eric wrote:
Leo Berkhout wrote:I think Pocomail is under development and the bugs (I found a lot, 10 in a few days) will be solved later.
No, PocoMail isn't under development, although beta-testing is done at present to identify and fix the reported bugs, as well as making some improvements. 8)
Version 4 has been rebuild from scratch, so it's only normal to have bugs, besides no software is 100% bugfree.
Hope you'll like the upcoming release. :wink:

I'm a brand new Pocomail user. I think I need to learn about Pocomail and have a very good help with this forum!
And of course I'd like upcoming releases!
Leo Berkhout
Poco Tourist

Previous

Return to Skins and Customizations