[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Mail Deleted on Server by defalut

Mail Deleted on Server by defalut

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Mail Deleted on Server by defalut

Postby TomV » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:04 am

I'm evaluating pocoMail as my mail client for my thumb drive, and it looks great, except for one glaring problem.

All the other mail clients I have used have an option to "leave mail on the server" when they download my mail.

This is critical to me. While I perfer to have everything on the thumbdrive, now and then I go back to the server where all imporrtant e-mails are, and I can get them from any place anytime.

Is there some kind of setting I missed or does PocoMail not support this.

An even nicer feature of some programs is to set "delete mail on server" when you delete it from the local inbox. That's really nice, so you can clear out all the junk mail, and the client removes the unwanted mail from the server, but leaves the stuff you want to keep up there :-)

Hope I have just overlooked this. Looking forward to more info.

TomV
TomV
New Arrival

Re: Mail Deleted on Server by defalut

Postby Eric » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:59 am

Hi TomV & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
TomV wrote:All the other mail clients I have used have an option to "leave mail on the server" when they download my mail.
Is there some kind of setting I missed or does PocoMail not support this.
All email clients that I know about have this option and so does PocoMail PE. :)
Press F3 and Edit your account. Check the box 'Leave Mail on Server' under the Incoming Tab , as well as the other checkboxes, if you need these.
An even nicer feature of some programs is to set "delete mail on server" when you delete it from the local inbox.
See answer above.
That's really nice, so you can clear out all the junk mail, and the client removes the unwanted mail from the server, but leaves the stuff you want to keep up there :-)
This option isn't available yet for Junk Mail, but have a look under Tools > Junk Mail filtering and go to the Tab General Settings.

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Thanks for the speedy reply! Great news (and an RFM to me..

Postby TomV » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:30 pm

Great news, I could not find that mentioned any where in the docs, at least the way I searched.

Having found the "leave the mail on the server option", I'm now delighted with PE. Looks like it will fit the bill to the tee!

Does it import e-mail addresses from outlook express? It took forever, but did a *great* job of grabbing gobs and gobs of e-mail from my outlook express account. I'd love to have it crawl those e-mails and build an initial address book...

Anyway, sorry to bug y'all on that one feature...delighted to see that it was me, not the program that was missing something!

TomV
New Poco User
TomV
New Arrival

Re: Mail Deleted on Server by defalut

Postby imtrobin » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:55 pm

Eric wrote:This option isn't available yet for Junk Mail, but have a look under Tools > Junk Mail filtering and go to the Tab General Settings.

Is this working? Poco still leaves the junk mail on server when "Leave mail on Server" is selected.
imtrobin
Frequent Visitor

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To