[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Rename Attachments

Rename Attachments

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Postby jaxgtr » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:23 am

True, but you can always set the property of the command window to minized as well.

I run a lot of small batch files to handle processes and I don't care to see the windows pop up all the time or take the focus from what I am working on. By running hidden, you can have your process run and keep your focus on what your working on.

Brian
jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast

Postby zero » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:48 am

They can't always be set to run minimized. I have hundreds of batch files, and call many of them from Task Scheduler, which prevents them from being run minimized*. I think I'll start using the VBS and/or NirCmd kludge to get around this.

* I do make command windows run minimized with the following line at the top of the script, and it works, but it still leaves a flashing command window (because they run minimized, but the first window doesn't):

Code: Select all
if not defined <nameofscript> set <nameofscript>=1 & start "<name of script>" /min %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /c %0 "%1" & goto :EOF

(Of course, the "%1" would only be used if you were passing an additional parm to the script itself.)
zero
Poco Tourist

Postby zero » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:32 pm

I'm thinking of having a three-way option: 1) Use standard command window, and put up with the window flashing by; 2) Use VBS/CMD (Actually, I figured out that I can simply do all the rename operations with just a VBS file. This solves several problems I encountered. I only wish I'd thought of this before making it all work the other way!); and 3) Use NirCmd.

No, I don't always "think out loud" like this. :P
Last edited by zero on Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zero
Poco Tourist

Postby jaxgtr » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:54 pm

That's ok, this sounds like it will be a very nice script in the end.

Bran
jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Toby OCM » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:30 am

Zero,

What's happened to the script. I tried to download it from the link, because I urgently need some way of renaming incoming attachments (since they're all coming in with the same name), but it's not there any more.

Help!

Toby
Toby OCM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby zero » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:36 am

Sorry, I back-burnered this script, due to many other obligations I have going on. I have made many changes since posting an early copy of it here. I have also figured out a good way to do exactly what I want, so it should be smooth sailing.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll have an updated script posted ASAP. Is that OK?
zero
Poco Tourist

Postby Toby OCM » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:49 am

It's more than OK - it would be ace!

T
Toby OCM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby zero » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:39 am

Sorry for the (ongoing) delay. I'm still quite busy; but I haven't forgotten or dismissed this script.

I am, however, planning to switch to Thunderbird. I will finish this script first, but probably won't be updating it afterward.
zero
Poco Tourist

Previous

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To