[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca running on Linux - by Jaxgtr

Barca running on Linux - by Jaxgtr

Poco Systems Inc Announcements

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca running on Linux - by Jaxgtr

Postby Jim » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:27 am

"Quite honestly, Suse 9.2 worked right out of the gate with the most recent version of Wine, 20041019.

http://www.winehq.com/?announce=1.93

I had an issue with the SMTP server connection on Suse 9.1 and Mandrake. I could never nail it down so I upgraded Wine to version 20041019, it seemed to resolve the issue on Suse. I conclude it was an issue with Wine until I installed Mandrake.

Mandrake 10 had the same SMTP issue as well as an issue with the Authentication Type with my ISP. For some reason it kept dropping my Authentication Type from Login to Plain. Don't know how or why, but it would not stay on Login after I changed it. After I reinstalled Barca the Auth type remained in Login, but I still had a SMTP connection issues. I went through every possible idea to resolve but after 24 hours of screwing with it; wife and kids out of town, had nothing better to do, I took a shot in the dark and replaced the LAN driver. Nothing fancy, standard 3Com fast ether port.

Damn if it did not resolve the issue. At that point I was a little perplexed and decided that 24 hours was not enough and decided to reinstall Suse 9.1 with the prior version of Wine and the old Lan driver. I got the SMTP connection error again. I installed the new Lan driver and whoosh, SMTP connection issue resolved.

So for my next trick, figure out why a LAN driver would cause only a SMTP connection issue. For this, I am going to wait for when the Wife and Kids are gone for a weeks or so. They will come back and find a dehydrated and hungry man that hasn't seen the sun in a week wondering what day it is and wearing the same clothes as the day they left.

Hopefully this will give you an idea. Nothing major, but I guess if you are merging to different worlds, strange things will happen.

Brian"
Jim

Return to Announcements and News