[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Generate Task On Sent Mail

Generate Task On Sent Mail

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Generate Task On Sent Mail

Postby randerson » Wed May 11, 2005 8:44 am

Hi,

Is it possible to generate a task item when sending an e-mail with a certain subject?

Example: E-mail company XYZ, auto-generate a task reminding you to re-email them in a few days.
randerson
New Arrival

Postby Michael » Wed May 11, 2005 1:25 pm

At the moment it would be difficult to do as there are no constructs for manipulating Barca specific aspects. I believe such constructs are planned for the next major release.

At the moment the only ways I could think of doing this are:
  1. Writing directly to the calendar.dat file. This is difficult as the dates are in internal format. Also I'm not sure if the Calendar.dat file is open at all times. If it were open then the changes would likely be lost.
  2. Creating and executing an ical or vcal file. This might work better but the same issue regarding an open calendar.dat file may cause problems.
Michael

Postby randerson » Wed May 11, 2005 6:48 pm

Hi Michael,

Thank you for answering :)

I am looking forward to the next release then. With this ability to control the other aspects of Barca it should make it a very useful tool for organization based on what e-mails you send/receive.

It would also be great to allow separate task folders, instead of having to generate an entire new calendar. Kinda like what you guys did with e-mail boxes.

With that said... my only advice as a buyer of your products, don't put in too many features/options. Even though I just asked for two more :)

But, one of the reasons I left behind Outlook XP is so many options that just bog the system down.
randerson
New Arrival

Postby Michael » Thu May 12, 2005 2:39 am

First, I am not an employee of Poco Systems Inc, simply a dedicated and very satisfied user of their products.

Also, the forums are primarily a user support mechanism. One of the neat things about them is that you do see the PSI staff contributing to them but they do not necessarily read every post. As such the proper vehicle for making suggestions for product enhancements (and to record bugs in the products) is bug traction. You will need a separate registration to use Bug Traction and the PSI staff ask that you do a search to see that you aren't duplicating a bug report/enhancement request before posting.
Michael

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To