[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - POP before SMTP

POP before SMTP

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

POP before SMTP

Postby easi » Wed May 18, 2005 7:53 pm

I don't found options to identifi user by POPing account before sending mail by SMTP, there is no option for that ?
--
Hello world :)
easi
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Wed May 18, 2005 11:01 pm

Could you clarify what you mean exactly?
Thanks. :wink:
Eric

Postby easi » Thu May 19, 2005 12:30 am

On mail server that i use, i need to identify with my login and password on the POP server before that i can send emails with SMTP server.

So if i want to send emails, i need before to receive them and only after that i can send emails with SMTP server.

On Outlook or other emails clients, there is an option to send directly emails with SMTP server without need to check emails before. This option is called "Identify on POP server before sending messages with SMTP server"

If you want, i can explan beter but in French :? (My english is too bad)
--
easi
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu May 19, 2005 1:12 am

easi wrote:On mail server that i use, i need to identify with my login and password on the POP server before that i can send emails with SMTP server.

So if i want to send emails, i need before to receive them and only after that i can send emails with SMTP server.
Never heard of that requirement.

Login + Password is set in my account for the POP server and sending messages goes automatically to the same server, without the need to receive messages. :)
If there are messages in your OutBox, you can send them automatically when checking mail. Be sure to check it under Tools > Options.
On Outlook or other emails clients, there is an option to send directly emails with SMTP server without need to check emails before. This option is called "Identify on POP server before sending messages with SMTP server"
Never used Outlook or OE, so I can't help you there. I also never seen this option in Eudora, The Bat & others. :?
Maybe I missed that option.

If you want, i can explan beter but in French :? (My english is too bad)
That maybe should explain it better. Feel free to do so. :wink:
Eric

Postby Pete » Thu May 19, 2005 5:28 am

Just to continue Eric's suggestion, I would verify that you've enabled "Tools > Options > Sending Mail > Send queued messages when checking mail".

Then, anytime that you want to send messages, use the "Queue" command instead of the "Send" command.

The queued messages will be automatically sent during the next timed mail check. Alternatively, if you don't want to wait, you can use the "check for new mail" command to send the messages immediately.

I have heard of some ISPs that require a check mail before a send mail.

If you are always connected to the internet (i.e. not using a dial-up connection) you can configure PocoMail to automatically check for new mail every five minutes (or more frequently) and, depending on your ISP, this might allow you to use the "Send" command instead of the "Queue" command.
Pete

Postby easi » Thu May 19, 2005 6:30 am

"Tools > Options > Sending Mail > Send queued messages when checking mail"

Was not enable. I active it and now all acounts works. Many thanks and accept my apologies for this mistake :/

Many thanks for help :)
--
easi
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu May 19, 2005 6:39 am

Good to hear it's working now as it should easi. :)
Thanks Pete for continuing on my suggestion.
At work again at that time. :?
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To