[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Problem with Encode attachments at time of queuing

Problem with Encode attachments at time of queuing

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Problem with Encode attachments at time of queuing

Postby Ratqueen » Tue May 24, 2005 4:56 am

I have always had the option to encode attachments at time of queuing disabled. However, I have noticed that, while *some* sent attachments are indeed not encoded in my sent emails (therefore showing the path to the files on my hard disk and keeping the sent emails size small), many if not most of my sent attachments ARE encoded in my sent emails!

It's very inconsistent too: I've found emails sent on the same day to the same person with attachements of the same type, and one will be encoded and the next won't! All with the option to NOT encode attachments at the time of queuing! How can that be?

I've also looked at which versions of Poco I was using for the different sent messages, and couldn't find a pattern. It was happening with Poco 2.x and is still happening now, although it seems that the problem has become much more frequent (almost all sent attachments vs one here and there) since version 3.03.

I'm currently using PocoMail 3.4 .0.2130, but have been having this problem for about a year, always using the latest version available.

Is anybody experiencing the same problem? Am I doing something wrong? How can I prevent this from happening? This is really annoying for me as I would like to keep my sent mailboxes as small as possible.

Thanks in advance for any info :)

EDIT: I just found out something interesting. This problem seems to be happening when I filter sent emails to archive sent mailboxes (using "Outgoing" filters), as opposed to leaving them in the default Sent mailbox! I just looked in my main "Sent" mailbox and couln't find any encoded attachments there. Isn't it supposed to work consistently regardless of which mailbox sent emails are placed in though?

EDIT 2: After doing some extra testing, I found out this problem occurs only when filtering sent email using "Outgoing" filters. It does not occur when using a "Post-Send" filter or leaving sent mail in the default "Sent" mailbox.

I'm not deleting my post, just in case somebody else is experiencing the same problem and trying to find a solution ;)
Ratqueen
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To