[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Edit annotate by a script

Edit annotate by a script

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Edit annotate by a script

Postby ente » Wed May 25, 2005 4:12 am

Hello,
as a - computerwise - blind mice (so to say) I'm looking here for help again...
Since Pocomail deletes information written in the annotate field befor sending it, I'm looking for a script being combined with an Filter which does the following thing:

When the post send filter finds an email in which the subject line starts with "a specific text:"
it starts a script
- which opens that mail
- lets me write some text into the annotate field
- prints then the annotated maii
- and moves it then to an specific directory

looking forward to one of Poccos little helpers...
Götz Perll
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Michael » Thu May 26, 2005 2:56 am

This can be done. To add the annotation you need to use the AddHeader command to create an "X-Poco-Annotation" header. Use the InputBox command to prompt for the annotation text, the PrintMessage command to print the message. The SaveMessage command can be used to save the message to a specific directory.

I won't be around for a few days so I won't be able to help with this until next week sometime.
Michael

Postby Michael » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:39 pm

I believe you wanted to:
  1. Check for a specific word or phrase in the subject in a message
  2. For each message meeting that criteria you wanted to
    1. Be prompted for an annotation for that message
    2. Print the message, including the annotation
    3. Move that message to a specific mailbox

If this is true then I've got good news for you. There is a script in the registered users area that will help address your needs. It is the Annotate message script that I wrote. It formed the basis for Poco's annotation capability. With this script and a modification to the standard print template you can meet your needs using a simple filter.

The filter should be setup as follows:

Search Subject for the phrase you want to trigger the actions which are:
  1. Run script AnnotateMsg
  2. Print message
  3. Move to mailbox

In order to print the message with the annotation you need to edit the print template to include the following line:
Code: Select all
Note: %header%:"X-Poco-Annotation"
Michael

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To