[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Any way to add a Fcc header or file a copy on send?

Any way to add a Fcc header or file a copy on send?

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Any way to add a Fcc header or file a copy on send?

Postby spadesmaster » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:22 am

Two of my previous email programs allowed a Fcc: header that will file a CC of the email to the stated folder.

Often I want to delegate a task to someone or simply reply and then followup at a later date. These emails need to get a copy of the sent email filed in a 'Followup' folder or similar folder.

Yes, I realize I can goto the 'Sent' folder and Ctrl+drag it into the copy folder and I can probably make a script to do this, but I was wondering if such functionality was built-in and I just missed it?

If not, could I request that it be added? It could just be added as a togglable header line just like Bcc is...

Or perhaps there is a way to trigger a script when I put Fcc: at the top of my Sent message or something like that where I could parse the destination folder out?

Thanks!
Christopher
spadesmaster
Poco Tourist

Postby spadesmaster » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:20 am

Although I still think this would be a good feature to consider, I was able to use the 'User' header option and a custom macro to accomplish pretty much what I needed. Here is the script for those of you who might benefit from it (I removed the standard CollectAddresses macro part of it):

Code: Select all
{### File and Collect Addresses
{ Script will file a copy in the given mailbox if Fcc header provided
{ It will also collect outgoing addresses and auto-file them in your addressbook
{ Assign this macro to your 'Add message' event for your 'Sent' mailbox

{ STEP 1: Check message headers for User Header called Fcc
ReadHeader $strMailbox "Fcc" %message
CharCount #iLen $strMailbox
If #iLen = 1 Then DefaultFollowup

{ STEP 2: If header found, file a copy of the outgoing email
:FileCopy
If #iLen = 0 Then CollectAddress
SaveMessage %message $strMailbox
Goto CollectAddress

{ If 1-character Fcc header assume our default followup folder
:DefaultFollowup
Set $strMailbox " Projects\Followup"
Goto FileCopy

{ STEP 3: Collect Addresses per previous script
:CollectAddress
spadesmaster
Poco Tourist

Postby spadesmaster » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:21 am

Now my only minor time saver would be if I could default 'Fcc' into the User header box or add 'Fcc' to the 'Show' dropdown menu list. Is such a thing possible?

Edit Eric: Moved to PocoScript
spadesmaster
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To