[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Emails Disappearing & Reappearing?

Emails Disappearing & Reappearing?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Emails Disappearing & Reappearing?

Postby SaskiasImp » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:05 am

Having a strange problem on my wifes PC where emails dissapear from mailboxes. It seems to happen to certain sub mailboxes regularly. There are several ways they dissapear.

Mailbox shows (xx) number of unread emails in the left window. When the mailbox is opened only (x) number emails are actually visible and then the number in the left window changes to reflect the number of unread emails visible.

Sometimes she will be in the mailbox and have say 50 unread emails visible. Leave the mailbox and return shortly afterwards to find only a few unread emails remaining.

Now the strange thing is that these emails RETURN if she has a large number of emails in her Trash (>1500) and she empties the Trash. Sometimes a compress is needed after emptying (>1500) emails from the Trash before they return. Emptying smallish numbers from the Trash does not bring the hidden emails back even with a compress.

She's using Pocomail 3.4 build 2130 with only filters to move incoming emails into sub mailboxes. This has been happening on earlier versions of pocomail aswell. Running WinXp SP2 and NAV 2004 with no antispam filters/software.

Can anyone suggest a course of action to try and eliminate any causes of this fault. I have only limited time on her pc as she receives 700+ emails a day and is pretty busy reading them.
Ever stop to think ....
And then forget to start again?
SaskiasImp
Poco Tourist

Postby SaskiasImp » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:09 am

BTW, applying a password on the effected mailbox appears to prevent any emails from dissapearing but is pretty inconvenient.
Ever stop to think ....
SaskiasImp
Poco Tourist

Postby imtrobin » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:13 am

I just encountered this last week (again). The problem is one faulty email message in the server which Poco gets "stuck", so the solution is to find that message and delete it from the server.
imtrobin
Frequent Visitor

Update

Postby SaskiasImp » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:37 am

Well, it seems that setting a password on the mailbox doesn't actually help. My wife just showed me how a mailbox showed 5 unread emails but there were none visible in the window. The window was set to "Show all mail" and after trying other options and other mailboxes the left panel now said there were no unread mails in the mailbox. I used the "View Mail on Server" feature and there were no emails from the effected sender on the server. I then selected "Compress mailbox" from the menu and all of a sudden the mailbox contained 2 dozen or more emails most of which had previously been deleted and ALSO the 5 unread emails. The 5 unread emails were from about 20hrs ago and spread randomly amounst the returned "Deleted" emails.
Does this make any sense to anyone? Sounds a bit like the mailbox was corrupted for the deleted emails to be returned upon compressing?
Any suggestions?
Ever stop to think ....
SaskiasImp
Poco Tourist

Postby imtrobin » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:42 am

are your files in your folder set to read only? That could affect
imtrobin
Frequent Visitor

Postby SaskiasImp » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:24 am

Which files do you mean? The mailbox mbx, idx, dat files? - all just have the Archive bit set. Configuration ini files? - Same as the mailbox files. Or is there some other file I'm not aware of that might cause random emails to not display?
Ever stop to think ....
SaskiasImp
Poco Tourist

Re: Emails Disappearing & Reappearing?

Postby eelise » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:03 pm

I am having the very same problem. YEs- I can retrieve my "lost" emails by compressing the folders - thenm need to dlete liek 1000 mesages- how can one prevent this - it seems to happen when I close Pocomail- then the cycle happens all over again. PLease suggestions?
eelise
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To