[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Block an incorrect outgoing message

Block an incorrect outgoing message

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Block an incorrect outgoing message

Postby tribble » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:54 pm

Here's the problem: It is often necessary to respond to an email that indicates it was sent by a particular user. When I do a 'reply" it actually sends a message TO the list server, not the person that actually sent the message. Did I mention that the "TO" line in the reply email is an alias? Something like 'staff@myjob.com".

In the message I receive, the headers look like this:
Sender: staff@myjob.com

When I hit "Reply", it replies (correctly I'm afraid) to: staff@myjob.com as opposed to what I want: personsname@myjob.com

I'd like a simple script or event that would look for specific aliases (e.g., staff, exec, directors etc) that would prompt me to verify the "To" line (just a precaution).

Last week, I sent a personal message, to half the world (or so it seemed) and today, I did exactly the same thing. I need something to protect me from myself!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gene
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To