[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Recommend anti-virus that works with PocoMail?

Recommend anti-virus that works with PocoMail?

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Recommend anti-virus that works with PocoMail?

Postby fpow44 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:47 am

I'd fed up with Norton (again) and am looking for another anti-virus program. Some of them, I see, claim only to work with Outlook, Eudora, and a few others. Can someone suggest a solid, trustworthy AV program that will scan in- and out-going Poco mail? If it were part of an Internet security package, that would be fine, too. Thanks.
--Fred Powledge
fpow44
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:15 am

Hi Fred,

I'm using KAV, but you could also use NOD32, BitDefender.
These are not free.
I like a layered defense, so no security package for me. :P

Have a look at this topic too. :)

Edit: Have a look at Wilders Security Forums for more information.
Here you'll find the official NOD32 support forum too.

I hope you'll find your choice. :wink:

FYI Moving this topic to Email Hall
Eric

Postby speerga » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:14 pm

For over a year now, I've been using the free Home Edition of avast anti-virus.

Works for me, and you can't beat the price. :lol:

(I've heard all the arguments against free anti-virus, but it truly works well. I've not had any virus infections.)

Gary Speer
speerga
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:21 pm

speerga wrote:For over a year now, I've been using the free Home Edition of avast anti-virus.
Works for me, and you can't beat the price. :lol:
(I've heard all the arguments against free anti-virus, but it truly works well. I've not had any virus infections.)
Still using aVast Gary. :lol:
That's a really good antivirus and YES, you can't beat the price. Image
Eric

Re: Recommend anti-virus that works with PocoMail?

Postby monitor » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:10 pm

fpow44 wrote:I'd fed up with Norton (again) and am looking for another anti-virus program. Some of them, I see, claim only to work with Outlook, Eudora, and a few others. Can someone suggest a solid, trustworthy AV program that will scan in- and out-going Poco mail? If it were part of an Internet security package, that would be fine, too. Thanks.
--Fred Powledge

Hi Fred,

I've tested, used and reviewed the most know programs and in my humble opinion Nod32 is the best:
- best 'in the wild' detection rate: highest 100 % score
- best heuristic scanning: in a test in which scanner where not updated
for 3 months Nod had 90 % (highest score) on detecting stuff that was not in the database
- best speed in scanning and lowest use of sources
- newest version has Checkmark approval for detecting and removing spyware and malware (only Sophos has too)

hope this helps,
if you need feedback on free scanner please let me know

regards,
Frans

~ Corrected typo ... Eric ~
monitor
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:14 am

Dag Frans & welkom op Poco Forums, :D
Thanks for your input on NOD32.

There's also information on Wilders about NOD32 with Integrated Firewall and Antispam. :P
Eset team is working on it.

OT: :idea: BTW Like your website, although a bit hard to read.
Maybe using a little more alinea's will make it better. :wink:
Eric

Postby monitor » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:02 am

Hello Eric,
thanks for the information: if the firewall will be as solid as the scanner, I'll switch from sygate personal firelwall! I'll have to probalby because Symantec is going to buy Sygate and nothing's free there! :-(

You're right about my site, sighh, always lack of time and energy, but I will and have to spend some more time on this

Frans
monitor
New Arrival

Postby dbourrut » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:18 am

For what its worth AVG (www.grisoft.com) seems to work well with it.
Drew
dbourrut
Drop-in Visitor

Postby monitor » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:38 am

dbourrut wrote:For what its worth AVG (www.grisoft.com) seems to work well with it.

Right Drew,

Do you know the new free Avast?:
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html
Maybe even a bit better than AVG? The only thing Avast doesn't scan are web scripts...

greetings,
Frans
monitor
New Arrival

Postby Corunetes » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:21 pm

Bit late I know but i have been using Zone Alarm with anti Virus for a bit over a year now and I am quite happy with it............. Firewall and Anti Virus.......... Use the VET anti virus system.
Corunetes
"Man of Leisure"
You, you, and you panic. Everyone else come with me.
Corunetes
Poco Tourist

Return to Email Hall