[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Email script

Email script

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Email script

Postby RabbenuTom » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:39 am

I am considering using Barca (can't wait to see the update... especially when the Palm sync also has been updated so that it is out of "alpha" and ready for the real world).

One feature of the email client that interests me (I assume, perhaps wrongly, that Barca is pocomail with an added pim) is the ability to take a distribution list and send an email to each one... one at a time. This is quite helpful for someone like myself who has a weekly emailing of a couple of hundred contacts... but many Internet providers consider it SPAM -- thus taking away one of the major benefits of email! The downside is that there would be filed away in my sent box one copy for each of the couple of hundred emails sent. All I need is one. Is there a script that could automatically file away the first copy of an email, and then send on all the others to the trashbin?

I hope that my rambling made some sort of sense
Thanks for your insights.
RabbenuTom
Poco Tourist

Postby Michael » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:42 pm

You are right in your assumption that Barca is Poco with a PIM added.

I thought this mod had been made to the Send_To_All_Addressbook script but I cannot find it. It would be possible to do, what I would recommend doing to support this would be:
  1. Modifying the script to handle multiple run modes
  2. In Selected Message and Debug mode the script would act much as it does now but would also, for the first message add a special "X-SendToAll" header with a value of "First", for subsequent messages the "X-SendToAll" header would have a value of "Next".
  3. In PostSend mode the script would check for the special header "X-SendToAll" header. If the header exists then only the message that did not have the "First" setting would be deleted

You would then need to add a PostSend filter to execute the script.
Michael

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To